Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A form of speculation I know, but what if.....

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I know nothing, have heard nothing

If what you guys are saying is in anyway close to actual going ons at the club for the last few games, then its a wonder we made it to the play offs at all......
Someone has suggested on here that Mr Poyets demeanour changed around April time, both body language and the way he dealt witb the media and such. So maybe this has some legs. But it begs the question of why the suspension? (I seek no answers, just pondering on the suspension and what has been said).......

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Had we gone up Everton might have been a face saving move for all parties with his increased standing.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I always found it strange that even after the reading stuff charlie seemed to be doings lot of the media this would explain why

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Somebody had wanted Gus out for along time, it wouldn't of matter if we got promoted or not we would still be in this situation.

Yes there are loads on them living on here

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I always found it strange that even after the reading stuff charlie seemed to be doings lot of the media this would explain why

Just a question, not speculation, but is refusing to do a press conference a breach of contract? If so, Fergie Snr would have been guilty quite a few times.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes there are loads on them living on here

Come off it.

I think generally there is (and so there should be), gratitude for everything Gus has achieved. He is an excellent manager, who undoubtedly turned the club around in many respects, from training and preparation to the horse-shoe design of the changing room.

However, his manner, attitude towards his employers and disparaging remarks in public regarding budgets and other matters, do/did neither himself or the club any favours. Regardless of the situation the comments post Palace were unacceptable. I would have had more respect for him, if he'd come and out and said 'that he felt he was no longer wanted', rather than a barbed comment about reaching a ceiling and matching his ambition.

I don't care whether he had a Plan B or not or whether he wasted money on signings. He has done a great job, played great football and should always be welcomed and held in high esteem, I am just sorry it appears to be ending so acrimoniously.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Come off it.

I think generally there is (and so there should be), gratitude for everything Gus has achieved. He is an excellent manager, who undoubtedly turned the club around in many respects, from training and preparation to the horse-shoe design of the changing room.

However, his manner, attitude towards his employers and disparaging remarks in public regarding budgets and other matters, do/did neither himself or the club any favours. Regardless of the situation the comments post Palace were unacceptable. I would have had more respect for him, if he'd come and out and said 'that he felt he was no longer wanted', rather than a barbed comment about reaching a ceiling and matching his ambition.

I don't care whether he had a Plan B or not or whether he wasted money on signings. He has done a great job, played great football and should always be welcomed and held in high esteem, I am just sorry it appears to be ending so acrimoniously.
That's spot-on Ted

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
There was a precedent, when Bloom took over as chairman, Russell Slade was manager. Tony wanted to get another manager in, but Slade was so popular after the Great Escape, that Bloom allowed him to start the 09/10 season.

Just a question, not speculation, but is refusing to do a press conference a breach of contract? If so, Fergie Snr would have been guilty quite a few times.

I guess it depends on what's written in your contract.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think it may all have started with the Suarez incident when Poyet was poking his nose into situations and making comments about them that did not concern either him or the football club that he was managing . . . and probably got worse from there on in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This......many times over.....

Oh come on Tony...this is a message board of a football club that is undergoing massive change...are you suggesting no-one is going to have their opinions? Everything in life is IF IF IF! there is even a branch of quantum physics that is all related to IF IF IF.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well it would certainly seem something was rumbling before the Playoffs.

Before this all blew up publically, I was speaking with a guy I know who knows someone who went to the players awards thing (yes, friend of a friend, I know I know). But what he told me then - and bear in mind this was before it all kicked off - makes more sense now, although I really didn't think all that much of it at the time or give it much credence. Anyway, this chap was sitting one table away from the table which Gus and Tanno were sitting at, next to each other at. At one point, Bloom came over and stood behind them, put his hands on both their shoulders, leaned in and was smiling and talking to them, in between them. Tanno was smiling and talking back - Gus didn't even turn round. He completely ignored Bloom, even though it was apparent Bloom was engaging with them both, hand on the shoulder and all. Gus didn't acknowledge him, speak to him, or look at him, he was stony-faced, and ended up getting his phone out and fiddling with that until eventually Bloom walked away.

Like I say, when I was told this I really didn't think all that much of it at the time, but this guy was apparently quite taken aback at how openly 'frosty' Gus seemed towards Bloom, and how he totally blanked him. And this was just before the Playoffs. So it would seem this rift had been brewing for a while, and the Palace debacle was the catalyst for it all to blow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here