A fond farewell

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

delias love child

Nov 24, 2003
one division above you
I've been reading stuff on this website for a few months now and it's finally got to much. What's with all the self importance? It's just a message board, no more no less. Having spent time one of your rival sites, I can safely say that this site is not for me. I know that this probably won't matter to you as I'm not an Albion fan, but surely if you are trying to make a difference re. Falmer, a more friendly, entertaining site might better serve the cause? Northstandpolls may not be quite as popular (sorry Valder) but at least it's entertaining. So, with a heavy heart, I have to say goodbye. To all the users of northstandpolls, i look forward to cementing inter-club relationships with you. To everyone else, lighten up a little, stop being so boring and f*** off, you utter, utter *****. Thanks for reading.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
delias love child said:
I've been reading stuff on this website for a few months now and it's finally got to much. What's with all the self importance? It's just a message board, no more no less. Having spent time one of your rival sites, I can safely say that this site is not for me. I know that this probably won't matter to you as I'm not an Albion fan, but surely if you are trying to make a difference re. Falmer, a more friendly, entertaining site might better serve the cause? Northstandpolls may not be quite as popular (sorry Valder) but at least it's entertaining. So, with a heavy heart, I have to say goodbye. To all the users of northstandpolls, i look forward to cementing inter-club relationships with you. To everyone else, lighten up a little, stop being so boring and f*** off, you utter, utter *****. Thanks for reading.

What is this twat on about ? Oh well, f*** off and try not to sprain your wrists.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I agree with delias there is alot of moaning old bastards on here lately and since the Campaign died this place has turned to shit! Any attempt to revitalise the Campaign has fallen on deaf ears and its as though everyones given up and just waiting on the verdict, something we all agreed not to do as we wanted to the pressure to continue right up until D-Day.

oh well

delias love child

Nov 24, 2003
one division above you
Well done CrabtreeBHA for taking my thoughts in the right context. The rest of you, thanks for proving me right. And by the way, the whole 'Iwan Roberts thing' was purely propaganda that Safeway and I thought would heat things up a little. We where right. Doesn't say a lot for your little website. That was the only bit of excitement I saw on here. To all true Albion fans, I wish you luck with Falmer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope one day to lessen my self-importance by making lengthy farewell statements. Thank you for your fine example and for your attempts to heat.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
I agree with delias there is alot of moaning old bastards on here lately....
Have to disagree with that, apart from Keith Gumboil or whoever it was complaining about the language the only 'moaning bastard' thread I've seen recently is, er, this one. (I'm not counting threads moaning at the team).

PS DLC, a 'fond' farewell is something along the lines of 'well it was nice knowing you all', not 'piss off you unfriendly bastards' - that's a 'bitter and twisted' farewell. I know you'll pop back and read this thread (you've already come back at least once since you said goodbye to see what responses you've got) so I'll just take this opportunity to say I'm dreadfully sorry that you're leaving us; we need moaning, unfriendly self-important types like you as it gives us people to laugh at.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was taking you seriously until you started raving about Northstand polls :rolleyes:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I was taking you seriously until you started raving about Northstand polls :rolleyes:

nothing wrong with NSP, much more exciting over there than here, no one moaning about the screamer/price of tickets :yawn: /R&D tactics/lack of seats etc etc, its all one big broken record with this place lately.

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
Way to go DLC, you tell'em.
So many people here think it's important to slag off anyone who dares to have a different oppinion than themselves. Thanks for letting us know about that other site. See you there!

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
I take that back.
Just checked out that web site. What a load of old poo! Foul mouthed teenagers who think it's cool to make every other word a swear word. They make Millwall fans look intellegent. My advice is don't waste your time!!!!!:censored: :jester:

ziggy said:
I take that back.
Just checked out that web site. What a load of old poo! Foul mouthed teenagers who think it's cool to make every other word a swear word. They make Millwall fans look intellegent. My advice is don't waste your time!!!!!:censored: :jester:

I know, Always Skint has really gone down hill of late. Used to be such a respectable site as well.

Think you'll like NSP though. Link's in the signature. ;)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's great that different sites have their different characteristics. NSC is for the intelligent, Guardian, Telegraph (only for the Sport mind), WSC readers, NSP is for the 'Lad Mag' types, Brightonfans.com is sort of a cross between the Daily Express and something like Railway World (that's NOT an insult BTW) and Always-Skint is for those who prefer Woman's Weekly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports