Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] A film you have re watched in lockdown that you forgot how good it was

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Stranger than fiction.

Don't normally like Will Farrell but he was very good in this along with Emma Thompson and Maggie Gyllenhaal. It was definitely worth a second watch

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Almost as dull as Scorcese’s other dull ‘classic’ from that era, Mean Streets. Give me Taken 1,2 & 3 any day over those two.

Soz ‘Head’

:lolol:

By dull, do you mean a gradual plodding towards a crescendo of insanity and violence?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
By dull, do you mean a gradual plodding towards a crescendo of insanity and violence?

Travis Bickle left about as much of an impression on me as Stan Collymore did in Basic Instinct 2 I'm afraid, fella, so I have no recollection of what happened in this alleged ‘crescendo.’ I do, however, remember a mohican haircut and a green ‘Nam jacket.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I looked through a few pages and didn't see this:
A few good men!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have a confession.

I posted about 20 minutes into the film.

I kept thinking, When do Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman come into it, I don't remember younger actors doing the earlier scenes in the film. It was about an hour and a half in before I realised it was a remake.

I hate getting old.:ffsparr::lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
49th Parallel was on earlier this week. Powell & Pressburger so of course I watched it. Essentially the story of a bunch of Survivors from a U-Boat have to get from Canada over the 49th Parallel into neutral America.

A rather timely speech from Anton Walbrook ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeEpfiER4YY

I saw this for the first time. There were some great moments in it, but I thought it wasn't totally cohesive.

I did find out from my mum though that Eric Portman tried to seduce my dad back in the 50s - he escaped with his honour intact :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here