Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few in spain say Ulloa. .....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sami's reaction in the post match interview said it all really.
He's off. I don't think Sami was too happy with something going on behind the scenes and just hope
we use at least some of the transfer fee to invest wisely in new players. We can't just rely on the youngsters
coming through and being the answer.

Hope he wasn't lumping KLL in the same statement and that he's off too....... surely not?

I've watched it. He says that "They weren't able to play today. That's it."
How you read into that an unhappiness behind the scenes, I have no idea!
Saying someone is unable to play does not mean they're off (in Kaz's case)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We don't need to sell any players. We just bloody well need to sign some. I wish the club would get its finger out and show some explicit interest in getting together a competitive squad for the coming season. I am tired of hearing about Harveys, Club shop deals and other peripheral issues. Let's see some positive action on the transfer front. It's long overdue.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We all know something is going on, you don't need to interpret Sami's reaction.

True, but it shows that despite us having rejected Leicester's 'final' offer, things may be still going on, and were that the case, there is usually only one reason why a player is withdrawn from a game, and that's because he's on his way.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We don't need to sell any players. We just bloody well need to sign some. I wish the club would get its finger out and show some explicit interest in getting together a competitive squad for the coming season. I am tired of hearing about Harveys, Club shop deals and other peripheral issues. Let's see some positive action on the transfer front. It's long overdue.
Agree with all of this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True, but it shows that despite us having rejected Leicester's 'final' offer, things may be still going on, and were that the case, there is usually only one reason why a player is withdrawn from a game, and that's because he's on his way.
Yeah we rejected that offer, it's only their 'final offer' when Leicester move on or we reach 01.09.14.
Until then 'things may still be going on'.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Argus reported this -
Albion striker Leo Ulloa has a minor ankle injury.
The problem ruled him out of today’s 4-0 friendly win over Partick Thistle.
Kazenga LuaLua also sat out the run out at the Pinatar Arena in Spain.
LuaLua has a calf injury, also reported to be minor in nature.
Boss Sami Hyypia is loathe to risk any of his players in pre-season.
Ulloa and LuaLua watched the game, in which Craig Mackail-Smith, Gordon Greer, Shamir Fenelon and Charlie Harris netted.
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11337369.Ulloa_ruled_out_by_ankle_injury/

Leo was there and mingled with fans before and after . See ...

[tweet]488033851827310592[/tweet]

We might still sell Leo at some point in the next few weeks but if its all done and dusted then why is he still there...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Argus reported they both have minor injuries but that doesn't satisfy the gossip mongers on this forum. Some of them are like old women talking over a fence.

Dec 29, 2011
The Argus reported this -

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11337369.Ulloa_ruled_out_by_ankle_injury/

Leo was there and mingled with fans before and after . See ...

[tweet]488033851827310592[/tweet]

We might still sell Leo at some point in the next few weeks but if its all done and dusted then why is he still there...

Stephens still on crutches? He's had that injury for months now, and it started off pretty innocuously. I hope he isn't injury prone, I was really excited when he signed and I think he could have a great future ahead of him.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We need to be realistic until we get to the Premier as a club we are always going to sell our best players. As a club just hold out for the best price and ensure that it is re-invested back into the club, have faith in the board to date they have invested wisely.

Of course it's upsetting for us fans but it is just basic business, I'm sure that the manager was aware of the clubs financial status before he signed a contract and I'm sure that the budget was satisfactory to meet his requirements. It looks like he will have a bigger budget to spend with the sale of Ulloa.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
uhy5eme7.jpg

He was there. Ignore my gay pose, I was excited [emoji4]

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We need to be realistic until we get to the Premier as a club we are always going to sell our best players. As a club just hold out for the best price and ensure that it is re-invested back into the club, have faith in the board to date they have invested wisely.

Of course it's upsetting for us fans but it is just basic business, I'm sure that the manager was aware of the clubs financial status before he signed a contract and I'm sure that the budget was satisfactory to meet his requirements. It looks like he will have a bigger budget to spend with the sale of Ulloa.

Very sensible ... once they come on to a bigger clubs radar you might get another half season (maybe a season if pushing for promotion) but that's generally about it. A club also has to think about injuries/loss of form and the risk of losing the opportunity.

Football is a pyramid, we are not at the top so our prized assets will always be at risk of moving up, and good luck to any that do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here