Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few bits and pieces of news

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
All businesses will look at the bottom line and if it not looking good they must take action the club is not a charity and has expanded quickly and cost have probably risen to high and have to be sorted out with fair play coming into play. Lets hope it's not o much bad news. I still believe in TB

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I on the other hand do have contacts at the club and can reveal that everyone is being sacked and reemployed on contracts based on people being paid in Pringles and hard boiled eggs!

Talking about speculation though, I speculate that in the next six weeks, it will all be sorted out and there will be some new members of staff, some original members of staff staying on and some members of staff, who are both new and original and walk around all day in flip flops and Hawaiian shirts saying wibble

Finally, FINALLY, someone's got to the truth

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
"Gus has said he'd take him wherever he went."
...Bet Mrs Poyet is pissed about this.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Had a chat yesterday with someone who has contacts at the club. He told me something had happened last week and that club staff had been asked to report in Thursday this week for a briefing. He said the word "re-structuring" was used. He did not know if this was with regard to the managers job or not.

He told me what he believed to be the reasons behind the suspensions and he said he would be VERY suprised if Poyet, Tanno and especially Charlie returned. Have to say I agree with him. Cannot say more on this for obvious reasons!

He reckons we have not seen the last of Vicente. He said he was fully fit since Jan (as per interview) but was just not used. After a few problems at the start of the year his family are now very settled n Brighton and he really wants to stay - ultimately though it is not up to him so will depend on what any new manager wants (and I am guessing on what happens with regard to Lopez)

Surely as Gus didn't deal with the retained list, the powers that be at the club decided they didn't want him. Can't see them agreeing to re-sign him!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
wow, id be amazed if a company told their employees a week in advance to attend a meeting for "re-structuring" considering what everyone know this means. normally, its at a convened meeting that the restructuring is announced. but not as surprised as i'd be if Vicente continued to have any part to play with our club. so, same old rumour mill rubbish then isnt?

You've clearly never worked for EDS or Capita then !

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I on the other hand do have contacts at the club and can reveal that everyone is being sacked and reemployed on contracts based on people being paid in Pringles and hard boiled eggs!

Talking about speculation though, I speculate that in the next six weeks, it will all be sorted out and there will be some new members of staff, some original members of staff staying on and some members of staff, who are both new and original and walk around all day in flip flops and Hawaiian shirts saying wibble

I'm not sure you are being entirely serious, or is this some sort of new motivational dress-down policy?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Why hard boiled? Surely it saves on gas/electric just to give them plain old eggs.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Vicente coming back?!!! Someone is taking you for a ride.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Apparently redundancies have already started and Sally Townsend has been told she is being made redundant. Very Sad if true as she has been with the club since the goldstone days and gave me a signed framed picture of then Albion Captain Dean Wilkins on my 18th.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Apparently redundancies have already started and Sally Townsend has been told she is being made redundant. Very Sad if true as she has been with the club since the goldstone days and gave me a signed framed picture of then Albion Captain Dean Wilkins on my 18th.

And how much will that save the club .. peanuts probably

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Apparently redundancies have already started .....

I've been dealing with someone in a middle mgt position at the club over the last week. Spoke to the individual today and got the strong impression that they had been told that they would be leaving. Have now been handed over to someone else at the club to resolve my query.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've been dealing with someone in a middle mgt position at the club over the last week. Spoke to the individual today and got the strong impression that they had been told that they would be leaving. Have now been handed over to someone else at the club to resolve my query.

just a guess that the person concerned might be going on holiday and someone else could be dealing with their outstanding workload while they are away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here