A dream I had (for Watford O)

I have a dream...

1st May:
Carlisle 2-0 Cheltenham
York 2-0 Orient

8th May:
Orient 0-1 Cambridge
Doncaster 0-1 Carlisle

I think I remember Twatty saying at the beginning of the season that this would be the year in which Orient got themselves out of Div3. It would be a shame for him to be proven wrong, so I hope for his sake that my dream becomes a reality.

Last edited:

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Ah well lets hope it comes off

life does not get that much better than watching the o's sink

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Orient in the Conference ... that would give some far east appeal for the likes of Stevenage and Halifax!

Really hope Carlisle survive though!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Then you can't have heard the announcement on the radio this morning from Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London.

He's turned down Arsenal's application for a civic parade through the capital, because "London already needs a much bigger one, to salute the 'bitch-slapping' (® Watford O) achievements of Leyton Orient this season."

Added Ken: "It would reflect badly on Londoners if only, say, half a million turned out on the streets to applaud Arsenal, when we're already planning for over three million to line the roads throughout the city after Oreint's last game of the season."

Which is fair enough really, as Orient are now just a tantalising 38 points from overhauling Doncaster, with two games left. As Twatty predicted just a few weeks ago, the Os run-in has been incredible. Nothing like it has ever been witnessed in the football league. Shame that Norris McWhirter, custodian of the Guinness Book of Records, died last week really. He would have approved of the 'bitch-slappings' the Os have dished out to cowering opponents over the last few months. How wrong we were to mock Twatty's prediction of play-off glory - OF COURSE nothing less than a runaway championship is what the Os have deserved.

I personally know at least 300 people who plan to fly in from Australia, just in the faint hope of catching a distant fleeting glimpse of their Orient superheroes, as the celebratory open-top bus tries to negotiate a packed Mall next week. It's going to be unforgettable.

York City and Carlisle will still be fighting for survival on Saturday. A victory for both is by no means out of the question. Cheltenham are no great shakes.

The following Saturday ... Donny will be up for a big celebration on the last day of the season. It could be just like our last game against Shrewsbury the year we won the Third Division championship.

Everyone - players, fans and management - up for a good kickabout, cheer the streaker, champagne flowing everywhere. Who gives a monkeys about the result?

What the hell if it lets Carlisle off the hook?

Oh ...

Whoops ...

There they go ...

How did that happen?

Orient?

Yep ...

Who'd have thought it?

Marvellous scenes.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lord Bracknell said:
York City and Carlisle will still be fighting for survival on Saturday. A victory for both is by no means out of the question. Cheltenham are no great shakes.

The following Saturday ... Donny will be up for a big celebration on the last day of the season. It could be just like our last game against Shrewsbury the year we won the Third Division championship.

Everyone - players, fans and management - up for a good kickabout, cheer the streaker, champagne flowing everywhere. Who gives a monkeys about the result?

What the hell if it lets Carlisle off the hook?

Oh ...

Whoops ...

There they go ...

How did that happen?

Orient?

Yep ...

Who'd have thought it?

Marvellous scenes.

With Orient in the Conference some teams will think they're playing in Europe .... or Asia if they check their Atlas!!!!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Love to see Orient go down.

Remember the reaction of their fans to our plight when Watford O posted it on their message board?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Theres a couple of other teams who need a point as well, spussythorpe and one other.

anyone fancy going to cheer on Cambridge?:clap2:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
looney said:
Theres a couple of other teams who need a point as well, spussythorpe and one other.

anyone fancy going to cheer on Cambridge?:clap2:

I think that someone may have hacked into Looney's account. This can't be him as he NEVER posts about football. :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I do occaisionally slip up and talk about football, very rare I know, I'll try not to let it happen again.:(

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I can't make Withdean on Saturday (no ticket and can't afford it at the moment) so may make the short trip along the A69 to watch Carlisle in what could be their last home game in the Football League ... should be quite emotional which ever way it goes .... may even wear the stripes ... second thoughts maybe not after our last visit there in 2001!!!!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
On the Left Wing said:
Orient in the Conference ... that would give some far east appeal for the likes of Stevenage and Halifax!

Really hope Carlisle survive though!

i would like to see carlisle survive as long as doncaster win the championship at boston 1st.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
We are awful at the moment.The players deserve relegation. Hearn deserves relegation. The stinking culture of mediocrity that has surrounded our club for too long deserves relegation. The fans dont.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
WATFORD O said:
We are awful at the moment.The players deserve relegation. Hearn deserves relegation. The stinking culture of mediocrity that has surrounded our club for too long deserves relegation. The fans dont.

Must admit I know how you feel .... think we were there once upon a time .... but still am with the rest ... Donny for the championship and Carlisle to stay up!

Might even put a fiver on it!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Then you can't have heard the announcement on the radio this morning from Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London.

He's turned down Arsenal's application for a civic parade through the capital, because "London already needs a much bigger one, to salute the 'bitch-slapping' (® Watford O) achievements of Leyton Orient this season."

Added Ken: "It would reflect badly on Londoners if only, say, half a million turned out on the streets to applaud Arsenal, when we're already planning for over three million to line the roads throughout the city after Oreint's last game of the season."

Which is fair enough really, as Orient are now just a tantalising 38 points from overhauling Doncaster, with two games left. As Twatty predicted just a few weeks ago, the Os run-in has been incredible. Nothing like it has ever been witnessed in the football league. Shame that Norris McWhirter, custodian of the Guinness Book of Records, died last week really. He would have approved of the 'bitch-slappings' the Os have dished out to cowering opponents over the last few months. How wrong we were to mock Twatty's prediction of play-off glory - OF COURSE nothing less than a runaway championship is what the Os have deserved.

I personally know at least 300 people who plan to fly in from Australia, just in the faint hope of catching a distant fleeting glimpse of their Orient superheroes, as the celebratory open-top bus tries to negotiate a packed Mall next week. It's going to be unforgettable.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here