A DISGRACE - Sid banned from Lord's

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I remember the final in 93 against Warwickshire - before the match, there were tannoy announcements to the effect that anyone singing or chanting would be ejected from the ground.

At least Lord's don't make those announcements any more.

(We still sang SBTS of course).

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
I'm with Lord B on this. It's bad enough letting Rif Raf into Lords let alone some stupid Shark costumed buffoon on to Holy turf. Cricket for the privileged is what I say. As a member of The MCC I support the ban

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Harry GAPE.............Wonder if he has put that into Google?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think the sooner we get rid of thse bloody mascot shitsticks the better.

they are a complete load of tosh and a waste of time.....

burn the lot of them (without the folks inside obviously)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
To be honest, I couldn't give a shit if "Sid" is there or not. It's just the principle of it.
3 days. :drool:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I love mascots and think this is just the MCC Lording it over us. How can you hate gully, with his twitch... i mean wink ;) banning mascots is just not cricket!

Srsly though i do think this is ridiuculous. MCC are so far up their own arses with this. Harry Gape? I pity that kids name.

i am surprised that no-one has noticed the hypocisy of the MCC over this.

On the one hand we have

Colin Maynard, MCC deputy chief executive, said: "As a general observation, the club is not in favour of spectators attempting to draw attention to themselves by what they wear."
and on the other we have........
51923.jpg
232575468_cd71f50927.jpg

So that's a a nice consistent policy being applied isn't it!:)

Last edited:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
What I want to know is, where the hell was Sid for the semi final? He's like a bad Brighton fan, only wants to turn up for the big days out and complains like a stupid girl when he doesn't get in. But I do think the MCC could get real on this issue. Lords is a class venue and I disagree with the negative comments about atmosphere. It's a place where proper, serious cricket fans can enjoy the game without the gay modern toss of the barmy army, the mexican waves and other pathetic rituals that have infected our once proud, national game. But there is no harm in letting people take flags in, or in having a couple of mascots on the pitch. And I completely agree with the comments on the hypocrisy of the clown uniforms that they do tolerate among some of their more extreme members. Seriously, if that was your Dad, surely you would say something? It's so "look at me aren't I special!" Err, yes you are, very.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports