Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I forgot to mention this. I was chatting to some of the Police yesterday both before and after the game. They said how nice it was to have us there as we're easy to get along with and know how to behave. 'Makes a change' one said.

Another asked me if it was true that there'd been some trouble when we played Palarse and I said not that I was aware of. I then said it was probably the Met stirring things. The two policemen both grinned and said 'Yes, that sounds about right'.

Nice to know we have a reputation for the right reasons. (I think they're 'right' anyway).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
:clap: We always knew we were the best behaved fans in the country:clap:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Djmiles said:
:clap: We always knew we were the best behaved fans in the country:clap:

I have to say that from my sorties to away games the majority of Police Forces (the South London Scum, sorry Met excepted) do like the fact that whilst we travel in reasonably large numbers we do at least keep the peace and are a generally good natured bunch.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Another asked me if it was true that there'd been some trouble when we played Palarse and I said not that I was aware of. I then said it was probably the Met stirring things. The two policemen both grinned and said 'Yes, that sounds about right'.

So what about those 2 pubs near Selhurst station that had some serious renovation work done on them before the game?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Re: Re: A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

Uncle Buck said:
So what about those 2 pubs near Selhurst station that had some serious renovation work done on them before the game?

Day off our normal routine i guess

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

Uncle Buck said:

Done by us was it ? Didn't make the Argus so how would I know ? Naturally you do of course. Fact is that the majority of Police forces like our fans and that's got to be good.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Re: Re: Re: A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

bhaexpress said:
Done by us was it ? Didn't make the Argus so how would I know ? Naturally you do of course. Fact is that the majority of Police forces like our fans and that's got to be good.

Was in Argus and on Tele

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

Gaffer said:
Was in Argus and on Tele

Well, maybe but whatever, it's not something we're known for and I'd go as far as to trot out the old chestnut that the perptrators were not 'real' Brighton fans.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

bhaexpress said:
Well, maybe but whatever, it's not something we're known for and I'd go as far as to trot out the old chestnut that the perptrators were not 'real' Brighton fans.

Agree; we do hope they were not real fans, although when I lived
in Suffolk Ipswich v Albion games were rated as likely for most trouble by the old bill. We were regarded as real hard.
:shrug:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

Gaffer said:
Agree; we do hope they were not real fans, although when I lived
in Suffolk Ipswich v Albion games were rated as likely for most trouble by the old bill. We were regarded as real hard.
:shrug:

That would only apply to our gay following surely ? The only fans that thought Brighton were hard were Palace as they repeatedly got mangled when caught in a pincer movement as the North Stand fans followed them down beside the Chicken Run as they were greeted by the South Stand Boys (when it still had a terrace) coming the other way.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A compliment tro Brighton fans - From the Police.

bhaexpress said:

3 Brighton blokes jailed recently for attacking Leeds fans :rolleyes:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Yorkie said:

So ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wasn't it reported that of those appearing in court for attacking Leeds fans only one had ever been to Withdean to watch us so they weren't what I would call real fans. When there is a sniff of possible trouble its surprising how many nutters show their allegiance to our club even when they dont follow us (remember Chesterfield - how many Derby where in the away end with us ?)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Yorkie said:

What were Leeds fans doing at Palace v BHA?

:ohmy:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Albion Dan said:
Suprised they said that because there was alot of trouble at Watford the year Hinshelwood was in charge !

I seem to remember there being loads of trouble when we went up there in the 80's too. On the occasion I went there was a huge scrap in the Watford end when some of our hoolies got in there and a fire was started in the away end whilst the police tried to keep us from ripping the fencing segregating us down. Great days.

Oh yeah, the song of the day from us was "we're gonna nick your sweets and lolipops", ho ho.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hungry Joe said:
I seem to remember there being loads of trouble when we went up there in the 80's too. On the occasion I went there was a huge scrap in the Watford end when some of our hoolies got in there and a fire was started in the away end whilst the police tried to keep us from ripping the fencing segregating us down. Great days.

Oh yeah, the song of the day from us was "we're gonna nick your sweets and lolipops", ho ho.

Yes, that's true, most clubs had a 'firm' in those days. Fortunately we've moved on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
bhaexpress said:
Yes, that's true, most clubs had a 'firm' in those days. Fortunately we've moved on.

Now we haven't Kev the Ape is our firm leader

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Yorkie said:

more than three I believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here