Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A completely myopic view from someone unfortunate enough to live in Middlesbrough

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why do Boro (and Sunderland for that matter) feel they are downtrodden.

Apart from the weather it is not a bad place to live. Now the smog has gone.

Wages are higher and the cost of living is cheaper up there, so if they have a job they are better off than Brighton and the coastal strip of Sussex. It is very apparent , the cars a year newer.

I've forgotten the match at Boro. I was not too upset as some. I was glad we took it to the wire (or we would have done if it was not for the sending off).

Between the top teams in the Championship, the midfield battles are a bit close. Ire directed more towards Barton and Burnley, who started fouling and mucking a good game up. And we could only draw at home. Newcastle were a bit cloggy as well this season.

Albion team did not really peak last season (not for the whole season) so we have a bit of room for improvement. But it has got to be this season though. Stronger squad if not a stronger team.

Your season tickets prices are still substantially cheaper than ours which are £595, but mostly £745.

Where on earth do you get the figure of £795 from? None of our ST ate that price (I think the most expensive is £740 and that's for a small block. You can't really include 1901 as that is corporate hospitality.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Where on earth do you get the figure of £795 from? None of our ST ate that price (I think the most expensive is £740 and that's for a small block. You can't really include 1901 as that is corporate hospitality.

I've forgotten the prices now.

For the sake of accuracy:

hstpricing1617-thumb2.jpg

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've forgotten the prices now.

For the sake of accuracy:

View attachment 79912

For the sake of accuracy, I assume that is an acknowledgment that your assertion that most of our tickets are £795 was in fact incorrect. Also, you have quoted the half season ticket prices which, pro rata, are different from the annual season ticket price. For example, in the adult B/C category the price for new ticket holders was £595 (approx £26 per game) but for the half season ticket the pro rata price is £650 (approx £28 per game).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm a Boro fan
20+ years as a season ticket holder at the Riverside and Ayresome park
Seen it all , been there , got the T shirt.

A lot of bleating on here about Ramirez.
1) you lot targeted him from the off and he got fouled loads, a clear target from the off.
2) the ref was lenient in the yellows that he didn't give for booting Ramirez around the park
3) Boro had nothing to do with the sending off, Ramirez showed dean his leg , decision was Deans
4) even with 11 men you were never going to score 2 . Sure we sat back but against 10 men why not
5) save your anger for someone else
6) we used to like Brighton but the bitterness on here has changed many minds.

Love and kisses
How's it going these days ? ???

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Great bounce, karma does come your way in football sometimes. With all the Boro fans running onto the pitch and giving our players abuse, instead of celebrating. Adomah following our team coach taunting us, now Boro and Adomah are in the Championship and we are in the Prem, funny how things work out. A lesson to be learned is, win with class (except if we're playing the Nigels).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here