Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A complete dreamers thread. How would YOU spend £25m in the prem.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If we went up i would hope we got a few tasty loans in.

Shame Danny Graham went to Sunderland as would have liked him.

Sign Bridge and Upson.

I'd nick williams off of Palace, just for shits and giggles.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok, I've had a play with the 25m figure. This is 3 images, which represents 1 spreadsheet. It's all guesswork in terms of salaries, but it gives an idea as to the level if changes i'd expect.

1st image - players Out & In.
View attachment 41757

2nd image - changes in 1st team Salary Levels
View attachment 41758

3rd Image - DS Squad Salaries - no idea about this.
View attachment 41759

Interesting spreadsheets Papa. I have no idea on wages either.

I think Dicker and Hoskins have been undervalued by a few hundred thousand and CMS has been overvalued by a million or so.

I wouldn't have thought that any of the DS were on £2k a week (but I could easily be wrong).

We may have to pay more in wages to entice some players to come to us, so we may have to go for more freebies.

Interesting, if theoretical thread.

Hope it happens. :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'll take a striker to be backup for Ulloa. That's right. It's his time to return:

Bobby Z £2.5M

I might be alone here but I wouldn't touch him. He's one of our all time greats but it was 10 years ago when he was on the up and hungry. I've got great memories of him and would hate to see them buggered up

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I might be alone here but I wouldn't touch him. He's one of our all time greats but it was 10 years ago when he was on the up and hungry. I've got great memories of him and would hate to see them buggered up

I know, I know. But he could wear the 25 and we could sing a song and....*sigh*...It would just be lovely...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
spend it all on a big fat north stand......get relegeted > be rich > have a promotion season again with a massive north stand.

simple.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd spend some money on one very good young attacking player in the veign of Gaston Ramirez to Southampton- not sure who but it would take a huge chunk of the cash.

Assuming I'd be left with about 10m of the 25m.

I'd buy
Van Dijk - 3M
and then 7m on the best central midfielder we could find.
Bridge - FREE
Upson - FREE

We'd get relegated if I was in charge fo reals.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would have Van Dyke for 2.5m

The other 10 new players we would require would come from bottom half La Liga sides.

I will try and come up with some names shortly.... !

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Are there any good Chinese footballers? That would be awesome.

Not especially. Their national team has a very lowly FIFA ranking. Interestingly (well to me anyway), all their players but one play in the Chinese league and they're managed by Jose Camacho.

Back on topic, ideally we'd sign up Bridge and Upson then spend big on a striker and central midfielder. Another CB and wide man would be good too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and lots of it.

Attachments

• haribo-tangfastics.jpg
    haribo-tangfastics.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 206

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's all about salaries, i.e. Charlie Adam = £4m-£5m midfielder but was on more money at Liverpool than £35m Andy Carroll - about £65K a week vs £63K a week. I read this in their accounts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here