Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A catering moan

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The catering is a joke. Get into town and you have all manner of decent places serving up decent fayre. And should they **** up you're most likely to get an apology as opposed to a 300,000 word email.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The catering is a joke. Get into town and you have all manner of decent places serving up decent fayre. And should they **** up you're most likely to get an apology as opposed to a 300,000 word email.

To be fair, I do see the difficulty at the club where the staff are only there 23 times or so a year, as opposed to permanent staff in an eatery.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, I do see the difficulty at the club where the staff are only there 23 times or so a year, as opposed to permanent staff in an eatery.

True. The AMEX will never be able to compare with a regular bar or restaurant. But, I have been to grounds in the UK and around the world which have got it about right though. And others have posted similar experiences. If they can do it why cant we have the same at the AMEX?

Having left the beerless stadium for the fresh pastures of The Cyclist, at Brighton Station, I was horrified to discover a second establishment where supplies of Lady B's beer of choice ran out.

As you say, though, an apology was forthcoming. Which was an improvement.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True. The AMEX will never be able to compare with a regular bar or restaurant. But, I have been to grounds in the UK and around the world which have got it about right though. And others have posted similar experiences. If they can do it why cant we have the same at the AMEX?

I thought we had it with the emergency caterers (I can't remember their name) who took over when the previous ones were kicked out. It then went to tender again with Sodexo winning which was a shame.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty tragic for the club that NSC has to rub the caterers' noses in their own stupidity week after week, season after season. No skin off our nose, we'll just go and spend our money in town instead. WHY WON'T THEY LEARN? IT'S A PATHETIC STATE OF AFFAIRS! :shrug:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Based on our current situation, I find it amazing that the club runs out of any kind of alcohol so soon after a game. Now more than ever* we need a stiff drink after watching our beloved team.

* Note, this is hyperbole, I know we've been much, much worse in the past

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Ales will last about 2-3 days. Lagers a bit longer.

Our next game is 13 days after the previous one. Not such a problem for Tuesday/Saturday schedules.

I was hoping they might still have some Harvey's at the U21s game tonight. But after reading this thread, I'm not holding my breath.

Having queued to get in the 7Stars with my 15yo after the game, denied entry by jobsworth tales of heaving bar and safety limits, eventually got in to find 6 staff filing their nails and...no Harveys! And they want us to stay around and spend money. My theory is that lots stayed behind Saturday because we couldn't face queueing for the train with a bunch of gleeful one F in Fulham fans.

PG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought we had it with the emergency caterers (I can't remember their name) who took over when the previous ones were kicked out. It then went to tender again with Sodexo winning which was a shame.

Wasnt it Lindley caterers or Stadia Caterers as their other name, who do many sports venues through out the country.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
....as I haven't had one for quite some time.

Immediately post-match in the WSL (North end): not a single veggie pie to be had, making me regret not getting on earlier on in the afternoon, and they ran out of Harveys.

(Yes, I know there are far more important things)

Your pie supply made it to post match! Profile lounge runs out EVERY game within two minutes of the half time whistle. At the last game there were FOUR left and we only got three of those because one of us went out to get them during injury time. Your right, there are far more important things but it niggles because of the sheer incompetence ( the staff and management seem shocked that everyone comes in at 3.45 for 15 mins. It's clearly very difficult to predict) balanced against the lectures about how we customers need to support the club more financially.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Anyone moaning on here about our catering didnt try Bmuffs culinary efforts. We got to the ground, half an hour before kickoff, and as we hadnt eaten, thought we'd have a greasy burger from a van outside, no vans, so, never mind we'll get something in side the ground. The only scoff left was some long hot dogs, no onions and I had a beer, a can of Smiths in a plastic glass that took fifteen minutes to settle. And it cost a grand total of £16.50, give me Harveys and a pie any day of the week

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will they eventually move over to the fast food takeaways like KFC, Subway etc and have the beer supplied by Carlsberg? For what I spend at the ground now I wouldnt be concerned.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

You (or any of the management) have never been to Goodwood, similar dates and between 10k & 30K (with more walk up on the day variation due to weather) and experienced the wonderful range of products they offer & never run out of?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You (or any of the management) have never been to Goodwood, similar dates and between 10k & 30K (with more walk up on the day variation due to weather) and experienced the wonderful range of products they offer & never run out of?

The same could be said at most race courses. What is Brighton race course like how many days a year do they operate.?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasnt it Lindley caterers or Stadia Caterers as their other name, who do many sports venues through out the country.

Thank you, it was Lindley.

The best catering I've experienced this season was at Burton Albion. It was delicious and reasonably priced.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
My foul mood at the performance was made worse by the stadium being dry of Harveys by 5pm. Pathetic excuse by the catering manager given to an earlier poster. Usual wise after the event platitudes of damage limitation double talk. ie bullshit.

One thing I noticed when at the bar at half time: The Steak n Ale pies appear to have been downgraded to merely steak pies according to the sign at the outlet. I purchased one and it resembled a pukka rather than piglets. :sick:

More cutbacks? We need to know...............

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone moaning on here about our catering didnt try Bmuffs culinary efforts. We got to the ground, half an hour before kickoff, and as we hadnt eaten, thought we'd have a greasy burger from a van outside, no vans, so, never mind we'll get something in side the ground. The only scoff left was some long hot dogs, no onions and I had a beer, a can of Smiths in a plastic glass that took fifteen minutes to settle. And it cost a grand total of £16.50, give me Harveys and a pie any day of the week

This. Had a pie at Bmuff, horrendous. Chucked most of it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here