Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A blog on Sami's system and attacking fullbacks (features snazzy heatmaps from today)

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Good article, thanks. Not sure the shot was mishit. From a position behind Coke it seemed obvious it was going in almost as soon as he struck it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As much as I want to sign a striker and Clayton, if this is the system Sami wants to play shouldn't we be spending our money on 2 full backs that suit this ?

At the moment it seems very much like square pegs in round holes as neither Bruno or Calderon looked up to it yesterday. Especially Calderon on the left. Makes me think that Ward is VERY important to us this season and the long drawn out affair of his transfer is hurting us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As much as I want to sign a striker and Clayton, if this is the system Sami wants to play shouldn't we be spending our money on 2 full backs that suit this ?

At the moment it seems very much like square pegs in round holes as neither Bruno or Calderon looked up to it yesterday. Especially Calderon on the left. Makes me think that Ward is VERY important to us this season and the long drawn out affair of his transfer is hurting us.
Spot on..
How harsh it may seem...offering caldy and bruno new contracts was a big mistake,bruno will be injured a lot again and caldy bless him just isn't good enough anymore.Need young pacey wing backs with potential,rather than wasting money on these two.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very good blog, and as mentioned above a key tactic noted from pre-season. Midfielders were clearly trying to slip the FBs in behind the defence and this nearly paid off a couple of times. I think Bruno is suited to this game, not convinced about Calde on the left, would like to see Chicksen given a go against Cheltenham. The wide-ish attackers need to support for the modern cutback, Calde picked out someone well with this but it came to nothing.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here