[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What are you watching - I'm alright Jackanory?

Thing is where I live it normally only takes someone to sneeze for the power to go.

I was getting upset as up to 1pm not so much as a flicker. Off now though :lolol:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am in Warwick and strong winds with us now. My neighbour and I have just agreed that if our fence collapses we will split the cost. No idea whose fence it is but seems reasonable.

Really bad timing for the big winds to blow as schools are all open and it is brutal out there. My kids usually cycle the 2 miles to school but walked today so I can pick them up rather than them try and get home on foot. Hosing it down too.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
After two and a half hours I appear to have a stable power supply again. (I 'aint telling work for a bit though. :dunky: )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Travel observation: Southern Rail **Storm Eunice**
Suspended
Between Brighton and Seaford, all services up to 18.53 have been cancelled.
All other rail routes are subject to delay, divertion or cancellations.
This is due to high winds.
Updates on post when available.
You are advised not to travel.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Chunk of the neighbours tree has just landed on my roof. Not entirely sure what to do about it as don't want it causing further damage. Have tried calling the neighbour but only got voicemail so assume she's at work.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but this wind is probably doing thousands of pounds worth of improvements to Selhurst Park.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Chunk of the neighbours tree has just landed on my roof. Not entirely sure what to do about it as don't want it causing further damage. Have tried calling the neighbour but only got voicemail so assume she's at work.

Have you tried making a trunk call?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs V and her pal have been virtually marooned in Hastings. I was unable to contact her for 4 hours as they had power cuts and no internet. They were sheltering in a pub that was not properly open as they had no power to run the till or light the place, they were unable to get cash because all the cashpoints had no juice either. They have power now and are going to stay another night somewhere there as there are no trains/buses out !

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Good news for Palace fans.

“Strong winds have blown down parts of Selhurst park football ground causing £3,000 worth of improvements”

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Leaf it where it is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Travel observation: Southern Rail **Storm Eunice**
Suspended
Between Brighton and Seaford, all services up to 18.53 have been cancelled.
All other rail routes are subject to delay, divertion or cancellations.
This is due to high winds.
Updates on post when available.
You are advised not to travel.

Brighton line Westward is closed, a tree has come down on the line at Lyminster.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]1494661922574286854[/tweet]

Croydon though - so they’ve probably all been smoking Spice

Is it really the wind, or are they pretending to be Zaha?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

You need to speak to your insurers - tough as it may sound it’s not your neighbours problem. One of our tress fell on the neighbours house during the storm of ‘87. They tried to claim from us for the damage caused but failed as they could not show that the tree was in a dangerous condition prior to the storm and that if it were we should have been aware.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Anybody else watching Big Jet TV live coverage of planes trying to land at Heathrow,

https://youtu.be/vPQh1FrbOc0

I flew back from Oz the day of the great storm in 87. The pilot tried to land the 747 twice before giving up and diverting to Manchester. We had no idea the scale of the storm at the time and the captain with typical British understatement just said 'It's a little breezy in London so we've decided to fly to Manchester'.

Flex Your Head

Screenshot_20220218-142924.png

Wonder where they got that idea from ��

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So teaching online instead of face to face is a day off? So, every person that works from home is having a day off rather than working then?
Sorry to have whooshed you.

I hoped my parody of NSC's Higher Education Correspondent was obvious - but appreciate it wasn't...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports