Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A big thank you to The Brighton fans

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
A group of young fans started many chants in the protest, which we would conservatively estimate had at its peak at least 500 possibly many more in attendance. One Brighton fan stood there constantly chanting Oyston Out.

I was in this small group as there were 5 of us. The appreciation from your fans was great in regards to how grateful you were for our effort- not that it was 100% intended as I seemed to somehow be pushed into the entrance of the building where I was subsequently hit by a flying gate thrown by the steward :lolol:

anyhow, thank you for the warm welcome today and I have to say I now have a warming for blackpool. good luck for the rest of the season and getting rid of the fool

and for the love of god...sort the f*cking pitch out

OfficialKnights

Jan 30, 2015
I was in this small group as there were 5 of us. The appreciation from your fans was great in regards to how grateful you were for our effort- not that it was 100% intended as I seemed to somehow be pushed into the entrance of the building where I was subsequently hit by a flying gate thrown by the steward :lolol:

anyhow, thank you for the warm welcome today and I have to say I now have a warming for blackpool. good luck for the rest of the season and getting rid of the fool

and for the love of god...sort the f*cking pitch out
that pitch has been a disgrace, not surprisingly, for a few years now. I spoke with a couple of your group, hope you enjoyed your trip up to the Fylde coast. No idea how we managed to win. Like many others I didn't go inside the stadium. I think it confused the stewards and cops that two sets of fans could stand together not against each other but united. They did seem a bit shocked outside the main reception at the ahem 'surge' from both sets of fans.

After we mentioned on our Facebook page about the Build A Bonfire book one fan has already confirmed that she has bought it on Samsung Books.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I love going to blackpool and it has been really sad to see what a mess they have got into with a really dreadful owner family. However the worst thing by far was that pitch!

Feb 14, 2010
Brighton and Hove Albion very rarely have anything on the pitch worth talking about but the fans have become England's "A Team" of football protests since the Archer campaign. "If you have a problem with a Chairman, call Brighton & Hove Albion. There is no Chairman that can't be defeated". It now seems the book "Build a Bonfire" is the nations leading definitive "How to do a protest campaign" text book. Further reading must be "More Than 90 Minutes" especially if you pictures instead of words. How time flies, those days of my relative youth don't seem that long ago. I don't know, but I wouldnt mind if we had a half decent top flight team that matched the support one day, just one day. Never going to happen tho' is it. We are a club that is all fur coats but no under garments. Great ground, great training ground, 25,000/30,000 gates when bottom end of the championship. But the team we have making use of all of that is well, a bit shite really.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
how lucky we brighton fans are! ... we went in to the ground early only to be confronted by coffee ("sorry no beer for away fans") a relatively warm pie and a twix ... having got the message we tried to leave but that didnt work either ... crap pitch and a crap game followed ...bruno had a shocker, jfc and holla failed miserably to provide any support for baldock and o grady who both were doing their best, i can thoroughly recommend blackpool for the ballroom dancing on sunday ... and a good bit of "oyston out" to keep us warm

OfficialKnights

Jan 30, 2015
Hi there, back again to hopefully give you some links and photos......

There are now a number of videos from the protest outside the West stand when around 1,000 fans from both clubs took part.

Firstly the peaceful protest when both sets of fans mingled, chanting, chatting and protesting. Many Brighton fans started chants. Blackpool fans chanted "We love you Brighton" and so on...

Then, how shall I put this, the more direct action part of the protest that the media dubbed a major demonstration, which was partly instigated by fans seeing Karl Oystons new registration plate - OY51 OUT which has been widely condemned as an attempt to incite fans. As many of you will know there was a surge toward the main reception under the concourse. After a smoke bomb was thrown, and a few other items hurled, it did at one point seem as if it would get quite violent but did not in the end quite boil over. There are a number of videos from this too showing Brighton fans in the thick of it, some even right at the front..... One chant was "We're Brighton Hove Albion... We're here for Blackpool"

Then there is one short video from the street behind the away end (which is open at the top at the back) when a group of around 50 Blackpool fans went round to thank your lot. The lads at the back of the Brighton support saw the group and started chanting "We want Oyston Out...." mid-way through the first half.

There is also a photograph of some Brighton fans holding the Oyston Out scarves in the away end that three Blackpool fans paid for and donated to them.

We cannot thank you enough for your support.

This week of course things have carried on as normal. Yesterday one fan Dave Ragozzino (Raggy) appeared at Manchester Civil Justice Court accused of making defamatory remarks about the Oystons. Karl, Owen and BFC are claiming up to £50,000 each in damages off him for defamation of character....... The judge gave Raggy 21 days to put his case forward, eben though the Oystons legal team tried to get a judegment on the day. The judge criticized their legal team.....

Raggy was supported by around 50 fans in Manchester together with banners and it was reported on by the media including the local BBC and ITV news.

In addition the private investigator who has been serving legal papers on Blackpool fans on behalf of the Oystons just happened to be in Manchester city centre yesterday in the vicinity of the court. He was seen, filmed and photographed before he rather quickly disappeared....

Will try and post some more photos and video in this thread showing Brighton fans..

Good luck for the rest of the season Seagulls. You have earned a lot of respect in Blackpool.

OfficialKnights

Jan 30, 2015
fans01.jpg

This is the Tangerine Knights current cover photo.

Tangerine Knights

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here