Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stoke
WEST HAM
Leeds
CRYSTAL PALACE

Fulham was a massive missed opportunity and a huge disappointment, but these things happen. We've got a free weekend next week, which is a shame as it would've been a great time to play Newcastle away. But let's be honest, the next 4 games could make or break our season.

Stoke - win it and we are 90 minutes from Wembley.
West Ham - as well as being our bunnies, they are clearly a bit shite this season. We should be behind Liverpool and Brentford by the time this rolls around. We need to win to stay in touch.
Leeds - another team bang in trouble, but we are much better than they are.
Palace - apart from anything, we owe them.

They are all quite winnable and if we can win all four, our season run-in is going to be VERY exciting. The next two games after that are Man Utd and Brentford at home, so we need to be in the mix by then.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yep agree with all of that.

I'd take 3 wins and a loss ... (if I can choose that we beat Stoke, Leeds and Palace)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Stoke
WEST HAM
Leeds
CRYSTAL PALACE

Fulham was a massive missed opportunity and a huge disappointment, but these things happen. We've got a free weekend next week, which is a shame as it would've been a great time to play Newcastle away. But let's be honest, the next 4 games could make or break our season.

Stoke - win it and we are 90 minutes from Wembley.
West Ham - as well as being our bunnies, they are clearly a bit shite this season. We should be behind Liverpool and Brentford by the time this rolls around. We need to win to stay in touch.
Leeds - another team bang in trouble, but we are much better than they are.
Palace - apart from anything, we owe them.

They are all quite winnable and if we can win all four, our season run-in is going to be VERY exciting. The next two games after that are Man Utd and Brentford at home, so we need to be in the mix by then.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
They are also the very definition of banana skins.

West Ham must be due a result against us at some point, them and Leeds will be getting desperate. Palace; doesn't matter how well we play, we know what can happen. Stoke, cup is the cup.
That, my friend, is a half empty glass you're carrying

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They are also the very definition of banana skins.

West Ham must be due a result against us at some point, them and Leeds will be getting desperate. Palace; doesn't matter how well we play, we know what can happen. Stoke, cup is the cup.
You forgot to add that we are in a mid season slump

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just going to take it game by game. I wonder whether this elongated break will be a blessing or a curse, I sincerely hope its the former as I do believe in this group of players and coaches.

Roll on Stoke!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've just f***ed up two winnable games, as we've been struck by Potter-itis at a most unfortunate time.

If we can remember how to convert chances again, we should see a decent return from those four fixtures as these are not good sides.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We've just f***ed up two winnable games, as we've been struck by Potter-itis at a most unfortunate time.

If we can remember how to convert chances again, we should see a decent return from those four fixtures as these are not good sides.
I'm pretty sure it's my fault. I added March and Mitoma into my FPL team and they both immediately stopped scoring.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I said on the way home from Fulham it was like we'd gone back to the Potter days and they didn't really buy into it. Yes, the football might be more pleasing on the eye, but the levels of frustrations are the same.

Like @Hotchilidog, I'm sticking with my 'one game at a time' mentality and hoping to bounce back (or reverting to a team that can put away chances) in the cup against Stoke. One thing's for sure, I would hate to become a "We should be beating teams like....' fan. The past couple of games have shown that no team has any right to be any other team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
First game successfully negotiated, and I guess we'll have to add the Grimsby match to these four.

Next up West Ham. Another crucial game because a) it's very winnable and b) our immediate rivals are going to drop points. Liverpool play Man Utd while Brentford and Fulham play each other.

Take care of business and not only are we right back in the hunt, but also we still have games in hand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here