Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bad night for travelling!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
For the last couple of games there have been fewer buses servicing the racecourse p&r.

Despite more people using it.

TB

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
we used the Mill road park and ride - yesterday - getting there was a breeze but for some reason getting back took for every - 6 buses short for some reason! got home about 11 o'clock as we walk up/down Dyke Road avenue !

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What time does P bus leave the stadium as it's always gone by the time I make my way from WSU to the bus/coach park ?

it goes when full but what is annoying is that people who leave early get an advantage over the people that stay to the end meaning that you have to run for the bus only yesterday we missed it because we stayed to the end and then the people who left early can get on the bus and it should'nt be like that

it goes when full but what is annoying is that people who leave early get an advantage over the people that stay to the end meaning that you have to run for the bus only yesterday we missed it because we stayed to the end and then the people who left early can get on the bus and it should'nt be like that

Thanks jackalbion - the real answer is to have more than one P bus ! I wouldn't leave before final whistle so it's the train for me.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks jackalbion - the real answer is to have more than one P bus ! I wouldn't leave before final whistle so it's the train for me.

i have never left before final wistle most of the time i run but we still don't get a seat i leave as soon as the wistle goes but yesterday i decided to give the referee a shout i we missed it so you can't watch the players go off but there is definately demand for another bus so i don't see why they don't do another bus

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Mill Road was a total mess. Drove down from London with my 6 year old to be told it was full (never happened before) and re-directed to racecourse. Had to run to make the start of the game having been at Mill Road at 6pm. Not BHA's best night on the travel front

don't come by car is i think the motto of this

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
No problem - great idea. Let's have all those who use the Park and Ride travel by train - no problem with the trains coping of course! And as for all those who live some distance from a station and have to work until late in the afternoon, I assume your response would be not to go to evening games!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
No problem - great idea. Let's have all those who use the Park and Ride travel by train - no problem with the trains coping of course! And as for all those who live some distance from a station and have to work until late in the afternoon, I assume your response would be not to go to evening games!

Well I work 65 miles away from the ground - left the office at 5 and was in my seat munching a pie at 6.35!

Case closed

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
don't come by car is i think the motto of this

Sorry, but that is a pretty pathetic comment.

Lots of Brigton fans live all over Sussex and beyond, not on a rail line than runs to either Brighton or Lewes. And for evening games, train is simply not an option for many.

Coach options are possible for some (but if there's more than one of you it works out very expensive) but certainly not all towns and villages have pick up points, and the fact that the club has three P+R Sites (and is looking for more) shows that the club realises people do actually have cars, and will drive.

And if everyone who currently uses the P+R comes by train - how will th trains cope? They won't.

Simply saying don't come by car really isn't really very helpful or constructive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here