Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

_________ seen getting off train at Falmer yesterday afternoon.....

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
McLeish is returning to Sussex University to take a foundation course. in art appreciation and applied basket weaving. Fact. End of thread. Close it NOW mods.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
i love the idea anyone would think someone in football, with the money they earn and the cars they drive, would turn up by rail.

There is some logic in what you say. However reality is the reverse, lots of extremely wealthy people ride the trains. Whilst your average Joe gets in his car (me included) and drives for hours, stressed out, spend as much on fuel, wear and tear as it would cost to sit back chilled watching the scenery. In fact our Tony apparently goes to away games on the train I understand.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Alex McLeish seen getting off train at Falmer yesterday afternoon............
I hope your right. Because if he was getting off the train, there's no way he's getting the job.

Do you think we'll ask the new manager to change at Brighton and get off at Falmer!! .......... we'll at least get a cab to pick him up from Brighton Station :lol:

So there one duffer we can cross off the list!! :)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
There is some logic in what you say. However reality is the reverse, lots of extremely wealthy people ride the trains. Whilst your average Joe gets in his car (me included) and drives for hours, stressed out, spend as much on fuel, wear and tear as it would cost to sit back chilled watching the scenery. In fact our Tony apparently goes to away games on the train I understand.

Not just away trips also does some business trips by train.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
McLeish will have applied for the job, he's certrainly got the pedigree and is more of a manager than head coach. Could be a go-er.

What pedigree? Has hardly covered himself in glory in recent times.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
It wasn't Alex McLeish it was David Caruso, he was meeting with Peter James to get some pointers on his upcoming role as Roy Grace in the new film Dead Man's Manager.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What pedigree? Has hardly covered himself in glory in recent times.

Led Aston Villa to PL safety despite all of the disgraceful vitriol towards him from Villa fans, in that aspect he has outperformed both his predecessor Houllier and his replacement Lambert. Also led Birmingham City to their highest league position in tqwo generations and their first major silverware plus honurs galore in Scotland with Rangers.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Maybe Dougie Freedman may fancy coming back souf of the river. He's hardly set Bolton alight. Would Albion welcome him though?

I still remember what happened when Mullers set foot in Selhurst..:down:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Led Aston Villa to PL safety despite all of the disgraceful vitriol towards him from Villa fans, in that aspect he has outperformed both his predecessor Houllier and his replacement Lambert. Also led Birmingham City to their highest league position in tqwo generations and their first major silverware plus honurs galore in Scotland with Rangers.

1.scottish leage doesnt count
2. Thought most people wanted an English Manager

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I sort of like the niche we've carved out for ourselves of having a technical, possession-based game with Spanish influence. McLeish does not float my boat.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
No he wasn't.

I sort of like the niche we've carved out for ourselves of having a technical, possession-based game with Spanish influence. McLeish does not float my boat.

Some of our reputation is emperor's clothes though. How good was our possession and passing this season, really? How much possession did we have in other half. What was our passing success rate in final third?

Agreed 're McLeish though.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Lambert has had to work with half the wage bill this season. Pretty tough gig along with owner who wants out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here