Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

96 deaths at Hillesborough but what about Bradford and the Ibrox disaster?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Which one remained unresolved after 25 years?
Which one revolved around official lies, corruption and abuse of power?
Which one deceived the whole country as to the blame, the truth, and the impact of disgraceful self-interest?
Which one makes me ashamed to have swallowed the lies and undermined a whole community?
Which one has grieving families who have shown incredible restraint, absolute commitment, and dignity beyond that expected of a bereaved and wronged group of people who have always deserved the truth, and justice?

Work the answers out and then come back to me... unless you think that such a crass, insensitive and attention-seeking question should have been asked on a different day.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Which one deceived the whole country as to the blame, the truth, and the impact of disgraceful self-interest?
Which one makes me ashamed to have swallowed the lies and undermined a whole community?
Which one has grieving families who have shown incredible restraint, absolute commitment, and dignity beyond that expected of a bereaved and wronged group of people who have always deserved the truth, and justice?

Work the answers out and then come back to me... unless you think that such a crass, insensitive and attention-seeking question should have been asked on a different day.

:thumbsup:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Nail.
On.
Head.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I did believe that the pissed up fan was partially responsible for the deaths.

But then I thought that a crush is not a crush at the back. In the middle, it is getting a bit tight. At the front, you risk dying.

You go where you are directed and you don't mean to kill anyone. The cover up meant that quite a few people thought they were responsible for the death of 96 people.

I hope the people responsible pay their dues.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
At todays memorial service at Anrield, Roberto Martinez said, 'to have to fight for the good name of the ones you lost is appalling'.

I do not think that ANYONE has EVER questioned the good name of those that died that sad day.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At todays memorial service at Anrield, Roberto Martinez said, 'to have to fight for the good name of the ones you lost is appalling'.

I do not think that ANYONE has EVER questioned the good name of those that died that sad day.

Rubbish. The Liverpool fans as a whole were tarred with accusations of rowdiness, hooliganism and general bad behavior. By implication, even those poor souls who died were looked down upon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Sun newspaper.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Where have you been for the last 25 years. Why do you think the Sun newspaper has been heavily boycotted in Liverpool for a long time? Why do you think there is another inquest, if it is not to get beyond the original efforts of the police to "question the good name of those that died that day", or in fact to blame Liverpool fans themselves for what seems to be accepted by most people now to be a total Police whitewash?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Christ on a bike.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Thatcher's government, South Yorkshire Police (who not only only questioned their good names but fabricated evidence and even checked for alcohol in 14 year old's blood in order to try and put the blame on them), The Sun and a whole host of people on here who still think they were responsible.

Of course people questioned their good names but you knew that.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Dan, could you please tell me the paragraph number where mention is made of allegations aimed directly at those who died?

I'm not sure I can see the point you're trying to make (unless you're determined to prove that you're misguided) but the quotes below (taken from the single page I linked-to) don't say "the Liverpool fans who didn't die" anywhere - it just says "the Liverpool fans". This includes those who died and directly blames them for their own, and others, deaths.

I don't mean to be rude (although my frustration at your lack of awareness has probably caused me to be so - sorry) but your attitude perpetuates the lies that made this whole event a thousand times sadder, mre disgusting and more horrific than I ever thought it could be.

"These were that Liverpool fans had conspired to arrive late, many were without tickets, were exceptionally drunk and aggressive and determined to force entry into the stadium."

"Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield, told a falsehood to senior officials that Liverpool fans had broken into the stadium and caused an inrush into the central pens thus causing the fatal crush. While later discredited, this unfounded allegation was broadcast internationally and was the first explanation of the cause of the disaster to enter the public domain."

"SYP officers' sworn statements alleging drunken and violent behaviour by Liverpool fans"

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think 1 important thing is that because the (as an example) the families of the Bradford dead did not manage to keep the tragedy so high profile, and this is no criticism of them, then there is sometimes a tendency to look at the Hillsborough disaster and ask the question that the OP did. What we should be doing, and many are, is heralding the amazing, tireless, brave job that the families of the Hillsborough victims have done. I have to hold my hands up and admit that it took me a few years to not blame the Liverpool fans (although football fans in general, it could be argued, may be challenged on how their behaviour influenced the scenario) but it was their sheer bloody mindedness that helped reveal the truth and all credit it to them.

I would equate it in some way it to how people talk respond to industrial action - Whenever there's a debate about teachers striking because they do a 60 hour week, you'll ALWAYS find someone moaning that they have to do a 60 hour week in the private sector and have to put up with it. Well, more power to the teachers for challenging the status quo, rather than being bum raped by a large corp (as I am, for the record).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is it me but over the years there has been plenty of rememborances about Hillsborough but I don't remember seeing as much about those supporters that lost their lives in that terrible fire at Bradford or even the Ibrox Disaster

Controversial, a word found between cock and another four letter word beginning with 'C' in the dictionary.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
So were Sheffield Wednesday ever brought to book for having such inept malfunctioning turnstiles, remembering the club had been warned after a previous semi-final?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

HAve you been living in a cave for the past 25 years with concrete in your ears and eyes shut?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
HAve you been living in a cave for the past 25 years with concrete in your ears and eyes shut?

As far as I am aware, questions were raised around the conduct of other fans that day, but not that of those who died?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here