Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£95 to dine 1901

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Emirates cheapest is £250 plus Vat, for a buffet, albeit includes wine and beer for the duration.

I hear their better season ticket prices are eye watering too. Dread to think what 1901 is gonna go up to if we are in the Premier League when the current deal runs out in 3 years.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Seems fair enough, it is part of the ground for wealthy business men after all - Barber should be rinsing them for every penny.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Leeds cheapest is the Gary Speed Suite, £56 plus vat with a pay bar, for a buffet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems fair enough, it is part of the ground for wealthy business men after all - Barber should be rinsing them for every penny.

Besides, they won't be paying it out of their own pocket. They'll be keeping the receipts and writing it off against tax. :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Reading is £40 plus vat for 2 courses meal and a pay bar.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Charlton cheapest is £50 and you have to pay for food and drink on top, their cheapest meal included deal is £85 with a pay bar

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Reading is £40 plus vat for 2 courses meal and a pay bar.

Keep looking, we ARE gonna be the most expensive in the Championship, feeling confident about this :wink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Watford is £99 plus at, three course meal, pay bar.

There is a theme here, they all seem to be more expensive than the Amex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Keep looking, we ARE gonna be the most expensive in the Championship, feeling confident about this :wink:

What are you talking about, like for like, we are cheaper than everyone I've looked at so far.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only 40 covers for the 90 odd quid option, then the remainder given over to the buffet for 19 smackers, still had better be pretty good for that much

Agree. The food will have to improve dramatically for this price.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What are you talking about, like for like, we are cheaper than everyone I've looked at so far.

Apart from the Emirates, none of the prices you'd scoured were higher than the £95 when I posted.

I'd imagine those that are higher are probably meals in boxes rather than Suites?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Apart from the Emirates, none of the prices you'd scoured were higher than the £95 when I posted.

I'd imagine those that are higher are probably meals in boxes rather than Suites?

No, none of them are, they are all comparable 'suites' at other clubs, whatever way you look at it, the Amex at £95 is comparable, I fact, most of those clubs have far more expensive offers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm pretty tempted to report the club to the ASA for that as well, since when has giving the lower price then mentioning that VAT will be on top of that without giving the final price been allowed?

To be fair, a large portion of the uptake of this will be corporate holders entertaining clients who maybe exempt from paying the VAT, or at least could claim it back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The first one is one course (burger) at a junior price and the second one doesn't include food.

Think I may have been looking at the London Irish prices, you're right, 'lounge' dining for football starts at £85 plus VAT for a carvery and no drinks. Their most comparable offer is £125 plus vat. Their buffet is £75 plus VAT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here