Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

90 minutes From glory

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My fear about the middlesbrough game is that Fulham, QPR and Charlton have all had quite a few chances which they've SHANKED ten yards over the bar, whereas boro would be far more likely to put them away. Someone reassure me.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Our record against the top 6 clubs so far is 1 win (Hull at home) the rest draws. Not sure if this is a reassurance or not, but if we can make that two wins by beating Derby, then the draw at Boro fits in with our record this season. The only other thing I would add, this stage of the season and with current momentum, trends count for very little.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
My fear about the middlesbrough game is that Fulham, QPR and Charlton have all had quite a few chances which they've SHANKED ten yards over the bar, whereas boro would be far more likely to put them away. Someone reassure me.

Yep, this worries me too. That's why beating Derby is so important: Boro score early against us next weekend and I don't fancy our chances of getting 2. One crumb of comfort is how defensive they became last night when they took the lead, letting birmingham back into it really imho. Give us 45mins for example to get the draw with them sitting back, add in the pressure of being so close to the winning line: we'd have a great chance.

Sorry Notters, that's all I've got :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Boro wasted loads of chances (as did Birmingham) last night. The greater the pressure the greater the chance of a shank into the crowd.

Don't worry.

:)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We will destroy Boro on the counter if they play like they did last night, if Brum had a bit more luck or quality upfront they would of won.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Doesn't matter about Derby result
If we beat Boro were promoted We're up
That's why the title thread says 90 mins from glory

Let me explain one more time just in case some of you don't get it
If we beat Boro we are promoted, so once again without your soppy permutations we're 90 mins from glory
Of course it would be great to beat Derby and only need a draw at Boro, but we're 90 mins from Automatic promotion

What bollocks.

Beat Derby and then a draw at Boro will suffice.

Still 90 mins from glory as in opening thread title
Was the only point I was making
BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC are 90 mins away from The prem
THATS ALL

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Still 90 mins from glory as in opening thread title
Was the only point I was making
BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC are 90 mins away from The prem
THATS ALL

We could draw against Derby, lose at Boro and still go up if Burnley lose both games, so the Derby match matters.

You're talking out of your arse.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Doesn't matter about Derby result
If we beat Boro were promoted We're up
That's why the title thread says 90 mins from glory

Of course Derby matters. It's the difference between, going to Middlesbrough 2 points ahead of them and having a better chance or having to score and win the game whilst stopping Brough scoring.
Also we don't know if Burnley will drop points, it would be great to close the goal difference. We could go into the game needing just a point to be champions. Or a win against Derby and if Burnley slip up, we could lose at Brough and still go up! This is why the Derby game is crucial!!

Mods delete this thread.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking at Boro last night, and Karanka, real sense they are crapping themselves and the tension is getting to them. If we only need a draw, they will start tense, and the pressure from their own fans could be more negative than positive - the tension will seep from the stands (like it does for us when we're 1 up at the Amex, but much worse due to their god-given right to be champions). Meanwhile, 3000 of us will be screaming at our lot. Win on Monday and I'd rather be in our shoes than theirs.

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here