Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9/11 : Ten Years?!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What are peoples thoughts on this? Obviously it was dreadful event, as we all would agree, but what do people on here believe? Over the years I've heard many a conspiracy. And after watching several 9/11 things this past week I wondered about others views, Terrorists or Inside job?

On a side note, hasn't time flown by!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Years ago, I saw a programme which convinced me the twin towers were demolished by controlled explosion. After another programme this week, I've changed my mind. As the British conspiracy theory chappie said, such a conspiracy would have involved thousands of people.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I've heard lots of arguments either way, I think most evidence supports terrorism, but specific things do arise questions, the main one for me is the collapse of the towers, the way in which they collapsed (ie, like when you see a controlled demolition). I'm not questioning it to be honest as I am one that doesn't really go for conspiracies just wondered if anyone could explain this for me?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Thousands lost their lives, it would have to have been one sick delouded American to pull that stunt on their own countrymen. And there must have been cheaper ways to cause havok so they could then go and invade Afghanistan on a revenge mission. The more I think about it the clearer it is that it was a terrorist attack

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I've heard lots of arguments either way, I think most evidence supports terrorism, but specific things do arise questions, the main one for me is the collapse of the towers, the way in which they collapsed (ie, like when you see a controlled demolition). I'm not questioning it to be honest as I am one that doesn't really go for conspiracies just wondered if anyone could explain this for me?

I guess the way the floors "pancaked" from top to bottom just made it look like a controlled explosion.
I've watched all the documentaries too but I don't think it was an inside job, I do think (like others) there are questions that need answering as to was there any pre warning or intelligence that was known or ignored by the US government.

You get these theories about all kinds of stuff, there's even one on the 7/7 bombings that really gets you thinking, it's called the ripple effect, you can watch it in several parts on YouTube.
Again it's really worth a watch as it makes you question events but I wouldn't get too carried away with it all

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The entire storeys, where the planes were, were on fire, burning aircraft fuel and anything else which was combustible. The steel girders in the area eventually began to buckle under the heat, and as they did so, the pressure from the 16 storeys above bore down on the burning storey until it gave way. At that moment, the momentum of the pressure from above gained pace as more and more weight bore down on all the storeys below.

For there to have been controlled explosions, it would have taken dozens (or hundreds?) of people some time, and at some cost, to lay all the explosives, without being seen. When buildings are demolished by controlled explosion, the concrete around steel beams is removed so the beams are exposed to take the explosion. For this to have happened in the Twin Towers would have been impossible, because someone would have noticed these exposed beams.

Experts made computer models using the exact dimensions of the aircraft and the buildings, with velocity, wind and all the rest of it, to see what would happen and the result was very similar to what actually happened.

As to intelligence, apparently, the CIA was well aware of the presence of some of the bombers in America for some 18 months before 9/11 and tracked their movements around the world. Several of them had been stopped at the various airports on 9/11, and were allowed to board the various planes, even carrying small knives. The big problem was, the CIA didn't bother to tell the FBI, so the FBI had no idea that these undesirables with known Al Quaida connections were in the country.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm flying into NY this Friday, and back again on the 11th... Expecting some long queues and hyper-strict security... I'll report back...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wanted to, and did believe conspiracy theories for a few years after the event. Think I convinced myself by refusing to believe the US Government, let's face it no Governments are believable. But the whole idea of setting this up was just too huge to believe and I think I wanted to believe that the Bush regime had been responsible. I think at worst this was incompetence and arrogance that they would not be 'hit' by successive US Governments. And I think the most that they can be accused of is gross negligence against not only their own citizens, but the people of many different countries that died on the day. You have to expect your Government to protect your citizens. The only part of 9/11 that could convince me, but would be no conspiracy, is that the 4th plane could well have been blown out of the sky by the USAF and then credited to the passengers rising up against the hijackers, as this would give legitimacy to the hero theory, which would probably give many grieving families comfort. Other than that I accept the official reports.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As I've said before, I lost 658 friends and colleagues on that day - the company with the highest loss count.

I'd rather not go into the conspiracy theories, I don't believe it for a second. The only two things that concern me, the way tower 7 collapsed looked a little odd to me, but I'm not structural engineer (and neither are most people who think it was an inside job), and the 4th plane could well have been shot down - and I think they would have been well within their rights to do so (obviosuly you;re not going to feel that way if you were a relative of someone on board).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Interesting article in The Sunday Times about those who jumped from the towers and how the US 'establishment' wanted to play it down, almost to the extent of not acknowledging that it had happened.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I wish my memory was better but there was an interesting programe several years ago that displayed graphically what allowed the towers to fall in the way they did.

I think there was some flaw in the design of the building that involved how the stair wells went up through the centre of the tower? I can't remember but it was a programme in the mould of 'Seconds From Disaster'

All made sense to me at the time.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I wish my memory was better but there was an interesting programe several years ago that displayed graphically what allowed the towers to fall in the way they did.

I think there was some flaw in the design of the building that involved how the stair wells went up through the centre of the tower? I can't remember but it was a programme in the mould of 'Seconds From Disaster'

All made sense to me at the time.

There was a prog on last week (CH4 ?) that pretty much dispelled all the myths. It also showed that the guy who made the conspiracy film was basically a spotty computer geek who seemed rather dim to me.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There was a prog on last week (CH4 ?) that pretty much dispelled all the myths. It also showed that the guy who made the conspiracy film was basically a spotty computer geek who seemed rather dim to me.

Just to clarify, this wasn't in relation to a conspiracy theory it was how the plane breached the integrity of the building and that the flaw in the design allowed it to fall in the way it did as opposed to it just effecting the area of impact.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just to clarify, this wasn't in relation to a conspiracy theory it was how the plane breached the integrity of the building and that the flaw in the design allowed it to fall in the way it did as opposed to it just effecting the area of impact.

Yeah, sorry that prog wasn't all about conspiracy theories. It did talk to engineers and building designers and one of the original architects.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to the conspiracy believers/truthers:

1. some say there is prove from video and witnesses that it was a demolition as it was seen and heard. this needs to use exposives, but there is not video exidence of systematic explosions (a single window blown here and there). so some put forward the use of thermite, which cuts through steel, but doesnt have any sound (as its not explosive).
so which is incorrect: the detonation backed by video or sound witness evidence, or the silent thermite theory?

2. given the above, when did the tons of explosives/thermite get placed into the building? bearing in mind that, while the materials themself might be stable, the detenators are not, how long ago was this done? also where is the kilometers of cabling? if using radio, how did they prevent accidental triggering by a rogue background signal?

3. if WTC7 is supposed to have been used at the command center for above, it begs the question, where was the command center for the WTC7 demolitions. all of the above questions apply too.

i dont think those beliving in the controlled demolition quite understand that it normally takes weeks of preparation on a empty site to install and check the cabling and the explosive are placed as late as possible. there simply wouldnt be access directly to support structures in a working office.

if you must find a conspiracy, or find the truth, start somewhere else because this doesn't work.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

That program on BBC last week was actually really good at disproving alot of the stuff which looks plausible on that youtube video that said it was an inside job. It also showed the bloke who made the video, he was just some geeky kid in his bedroom, he reminded me of the bloke in Die Hard 4.0 calling his basement the "control centre"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I see that a Muslem Fundermentalist, Anjem Choudary, has decided that all Muslems should interuppt the minute's silence by jeering. Way to go Mr Choudary, I'm sure you think you're a decent man, just a shame few others do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here