Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 year olds first match. where to sit ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Make sure that anyone who isn't actually in a family stand seat, but who is unfortunate enough to be close-by, is encouraged to shut the far-cup, not shout about anything, to anyone, and is left in no uncertain terms that if they do lose control and shout something resembling encouragement, people will stare at them with some level of menace... as if they've just had a 5hit in your Harvey's.
nonsense, at least when I've been in the NE corner.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
When my 8 year old son comes with me, we sit in the NE corner. I can recommend those seats, you get the atmosphere of the north without being in the middle of things. She'll enjoy it there (and you'll get a ticket easily).

Nice one - my 8 year old daughter loves NE Corner too - what row you in?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmmm I say leave her at home, there's enough women n kids there as it is :p

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
When my 8 year old son comes with me, we sit in the NE corner. I can recommend those seats, you get the atmosphere of the north without being in the middle of things. She'll enjoy it there (and you'll get a ticket easily).

This.

I've sat in North stand Block I twice and it is fine for children. I will take my boy there when he is old enough for his first game.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think anywhere in the Amex is fine, taken my 7 year old a few times. I'd probably avoid the North unless its forced on you (bit early to be learning about what diseases Stevie Coppell has got)

I have taken my children to WSU it was fine. We now sit in the Family Stand. Go for a high row, we are z, block B...great view. My children are 6 and 8. This is their second season sharing a ST

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Don't get the point of a Family stand, if my kids didnt want to go, because of the football, I just wouldnt take them, it seems a bit pointless to bribe them to go.

Kids in my opinion, quite like being let into the adults world and a bit of bad languge makes the day for most not some boring family stand where they are encouraged to have thier faces painted! this is not a kids party.

My nephews have sat in the WSU, SWC and NEC loved it on all occosians.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In the family (East) Stand. If only more people came on and asked this question before buying tickets for kids and sensitive women.

I've got an ST for my boy in the WSU next season who will be 8 in November. To be honest it's the WSU regulars I'm worried for.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Middle of the North Stand where I sit so she can listen to the filth covered **** we all had to listen to on Saturday shouting in what sounded like a woman's voice and pronounced thus.....
" POY YET !! Your a ****, your Dad's a **** and your Mums and **** too !! for the whole of the game very 30 seconds I shit you not !!!
Much to the delight of his retarded web fingered friends.

Or maybe not the North Stand. Try the East or even the South.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Middle of the North Stand where I sit so she can listen to the filth covered **** we all had to listen to on Saturday shouting in what sounded like a woman's voice and pronounced thus.....
" POY YET !! Your a ****, your Dad's a **** and your Mums and **** too !! for the whole of the game very 30 seconds I shit you not !!!
Much to the delight of his retarded web fingered friends.

Or maybe not the North Stand. Try the East or even the South.

Blimey Baz I was in the North on Saturday albeit towards the East corner and I never heard that chant. Maybe I was at the bar ??? Anyways, thanks for all your responses, we'll try the family stand for our first effort and progress from there. Let's hope we do huddersfield so we're still in the driving seat for Monday

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Blimey Baz I was in the North on Saturday albeit towards the East corner and I never heard that chant. Maybe I was at the bar ??? Anyways, thanks for all your responses, we'll try the family stand for our first effort and progress from there. Let's hope we do huddersfield so we're still in the driving seat for Monday

He was an idiot so where his mates, can't believe he didn't get thrown out !
Yet they will throw people out at random for standing up for ten minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here