Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£8 Million was a snip...

We weren't going to get any higher. Only proven in the Championship. Considering he wanted to leave it was a good deal for both clubs.

How come Troy Deeney was persuaded to stay by Watford? Lots of fatalism on here about Ulloa, nothing is ever that set in stone

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's all about money these days. I doubt they care too much about being on the bench as long as the bigger salaries ,they no doubt get now ,keep being paid in week by week!

As said before, you train all week with your squad of mates and don't get a sniff come match day and that doesn't impact on you in some way? You'd have to be pretty much an empty shell of a person as a footballer to be happy in that situation, money or not. Inigo Calderon is possibly the ONLY exception to this rule.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How come Troy Deeney was persuaded to stay by Watford? Lots of fatalism on here about Ulloa, nothing is ever that set in stone

By all accounts, Watford broke their wage structure to keep him and Deeney has stated he doesn't think it would be a good move to jump into the Premiership as it could be a step too far, but opted to progress with Watford.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Who discovered and scouted Ulloa?

I'd never heard of him before he came to the Amex, sure that is true of 99% of British football fans.

Give that man a bonus.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hate FFP with a passion. Really don't see how It helps clubs. More like puts restraints.

I'm not so sure FFP is the main culprit here. One of them, maybe, but not the main one.

The club was making noises when the last set of accounts came out (and publicly scrutinised and put into plain English by El Presidente on here), that they were confident of meeting FFP targets, and that was before Bridcutt and Barnes were sold.

Throw into the mix that we didn't make it to the Premier League, plus the money received for Buckley and Ulloa won't feature in the next set of accounts. I'm confident we didn't sell Ulloa out of necessity - unless all of the top people at the club are telling bare-faced lies - but £8m for any of our players (rising to £10m? - Jeeesus) is not something the club could ever turn down, whether FFP existed or not.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not so sure FFP is the main culprit here. One of them, maybe, but not the main one.

The club was making noises when the last set of accounts came out (and publicly scrutinised and put into plain English by El Presidente on here), that they were confident of meeting FFP targets, and that was before Bridcutt and Barnes were sold.

Throw into the mix that we didn't make it to the Premier League, plus the money received for Buckley and Ulloa won't feature in the next set of accounts. I'm confident we didn't sell Ulloa out of necessity - unless all of the top people at the club are telling bare-faced lies - but £8m for any of our players (rising to £10m? - Jeeesus) is not something the club could ever turn down, whether FFP existed or not.

I agree. 10m to a club like BHA is worth more than one player can bring. Let's not forget that he played in plenty of games where we failed to score over he past 2 seasons, so it's not as if he can do it all on his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here