[Misc] 8 Ball Pool

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Let me in [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I seem to remember playing against a few NSCers a few years back.

I'll see if I can join the group, but if it requires friendface then it'll be a no go as I'm not on there.

Edit: Just had a look, and unless I'm missing something, it does indeed require logging in with friendface. Bit of a shame.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else spend too much time playing 8 Ball Pool on their phones?

If so, I've created an NSC club which I would be delighted if you would consider joining, particularly if you are good and play for high stakes!

Search for "North Stand Chat" in clubs and ask to join and I'll accept you.

If you don't play yet, then you can waste many hours a day by following one of these links:

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/8-ball-pool/id543186831

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.eightballpool

Meant to ask. What do you consider to be 'high stakes'?

I've had a dabble once or twice in Shanghai on 1v1 which is a million to enter, but never gone higher than that.

I'm sufficently addicted to be at level 92 and have career winnings of just over 58 and half million, but never spent any real money on the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Meant to ask. What do you consider to be 'high stakes'?

I've had a dabble once or twice in Shanghai on 1v1 which is a million to enter, but never gone higher than that.

I'm sufficently addicted to be at level 92 and have career winnings of just over 58 and half million, but never spent any real money on the game.

I’m currently playing in the 10m/20m games.

My tactic to build funds is to never commit more than 10% of my cash to a game and only step up stakes where I can adhere to that.

Eg, if a game is 10,000 (5k per player) I won’t enter unless I have 50k+

If you have a winning %age of over 50% you should gradually haul your way up the stakes.

Just be firm and resist “going for it” on higher stakes than that, as a defeat will set you back a long way again.

I’ve not spent a penny.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I’m currently playing in the 10m/20m games.

My tactic to build funds is to never commit more than 10% of my cash to a game and only step up stakes where I can adhere to that.

Eg, if a game is 10,000 (5k per player) I won’t enter unless I have 50k+

If you have a winning %age of over 50% you should gradually haul your way up the stakes.

Just be firm and resist “going for it” on higher stakes than that, as a defeat will set you back a long way again.

I’ve not spent a penny.

Blimey! That is high stakes! :ohmy:

I usually go with the 10% type rule too, but will occasionally go shit or bust if I'm feeling that way inclined. That has sometimes reduced me to peanuts though :lol: and then it takes a good while to build back up, as you say.

My current win percentage is 55.7. Don't think I've ever got beyond 56 something on that front.

Shame about the friendface nonsense as would be up for joining the club otherwise. As you say, very addictive game, but really good fun.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh, and another thing. I eventually got to buy that millionaire cue. Was well chuffed, then saw the recharge cost once I started using it! Needless to say, that hasn't been out of it's case since :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I seem to be playing a lot of fit women according to thier profile pictures at the moment . I'm guessing :

1. There is a demand for playing pool that I have hitherto not noticed amongst women. Perhaps I should take the Mrs to Rileys when lockdown is over?
2. Its a long game to add you as a friend, strike up a convo and empty your bank account.

Just off to check my Barclays app

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Take that John Virgo

[tweet]1273938597574574080[/tweet]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Is there a smash the cue in half option like they had in The Eclipse in the 80s ? I will download the app and have a practice first before I throw myself to the sharks .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do 'Big Bloke Rules' apply? Seem to recall often having to reluctantly bow down to that particular rule in shit pubs in inbred shit towns IRL in order to leave with facial features intact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here