Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8,000 at Palace tonight.....

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
The point i've been trying to get across to you all is, as much as you'll never admit it, OUR game was the first one you all looked for when the fixtures came out, and you were desperate to beat us at your new stadium.
Your flying at the moment, you've come a long way in a short space of time, and as much as i come on here to wind a few of you up,i've got to take my hat off to you and say well done. You don't need to rub our noses in it about our ground and crowds, we do know !! but some of you have very short memories, and choose to forget about recent history.
I won't wish you luck in reaching the play offs, but you wouldn't expect me to would you !!!

It wasn't. Personally I looked for who we had first at the Amex.

Oct 25, 2003
The point i've been trying to get across to you all is, as much as you'll never admit it, OUR game was the first one you all looked for when the fixtures came out, and you were desperate to beat us at your new stadium.
Your flying at the moment, you've come a long way in a short space of time, and as much as i come on here to wind a few of you up,i've got to take my hat off to you and say well done. You don't need to rub our noses in it about our ground and crowds, we do know !! but some of you have very short memories, and choose to forget about recent history.
I won't wish you luck in reaching the play offs, but you wouldn't expect me to would you !!!

we've played you many times in the past, and will play you many times in the future

the first game at the amex was at the end of a 14-year battle, the likes of which have never been seen in english football, that could've killed the club and was a one off event that will NEVER be repeated

we were talking for YEARS about who the first opponent at the amex would be.....

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Palace - a selling club, falling gates and crumbling infrastructure. (Can say the same for Pompey but worse)

Albion - Investing in players and infrastructure and rapidly growing fanbase.

The tide has turned, enjoy your 20 years of decline Palace

:wave:

:ffsparr:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm struggling to grasp that a Palace fan might genuinely imagine that we were looking forward to the match against them more than the first ever fixture at the stadium we'd been longing for and dreaming of for at least fourteen years :lolol:

Yes, we were up for the CPFC game, but we spent weeks, months, years anticipating the first Amex game, whoever it turned out to be against, and nothing Palace could do now will ever detract from that, or what's been a great season so far. Fact. If they'd done the double over us, I'd still happily have taken that over finishing higher in the table and having a decent shot at the play offs.

Sounds like somebody was eagerly looking for the BHAFC-CPFC dates just a little more than we were.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I distinctly remember the many threads about THE game of the 2011/2012 season. Without doubt it was "WHO is going to be the first visitors to the Amex....?"

The overwhelming majority on here wanted Doncaster Rovers. We didn't want any cheats who had falsely retained their league status at the expense of charities and local business, to sully our most important fixture of the season.

The FA duly obliged.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
So the palace fans are saying that playing Brighton was one of their biggest games. Funny I thought more people would of turned up to selhurst then.

almost correct there sunshine...except playing us was your biggest home match and guess what you FAILED big time.....oh yeah and it should be 'would HAVE turned up' NOT would of turned up...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
almost correct there sunshine...except playing us was your biggest home match and guess what you FAILED big time.....oh yeah and it should be 'would HAVE turned up' NOT would of turned up...

I agree on the grammar. It's a shame you ignore the previous posts which clearly show Brighton fans did NOT regard playing you as our most anticipated match. One can only conclude that whilst your grammar may be correct, your comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

I think our players got overwhelmed by the occasion, many not having participated in an actual rivalry of such significance at Brighton....and not one of them can have anticipated the expectations at our new stadium.
That doesn't make you lot great or better - the league isn't telling a lie about which team is better!
What I perceive now though, is YOUR efforts to survive and prosper are becoming a bit more telling. I'll spare a thought for you as you struggle to keep players that stand out, to pay the staff and peripheral workers around your club (i.e. Red Cross!), and snatch a desperate late goal here and there to keep from the looming relegation threat every season.

The mighty Crawley Town will be nicking some of your fans too eh?

MurrayGulliver

Nov 14, 2011
Portslade
I apologise about the grammar. But you have failed to see what I meant. You see us as a big game but yet you couldn't get a capacity crowd.
Yes I would of loved a win against you lot but it was not our whole season.

The Doncaster game was bigger for us than playing Palace, at least this season it was because we came home after 14 years.

If we're in the same league next season then the Palace game will be the biggest.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

'Recent History'.....yes, you've been in a higher division than us for a fair few years.

Easy to do when you go into Administration and screw people over, don't pay your bills.

Then you go and do it AGAIN!

'Recent History'.....yes, you've been in a higher division than us for a fair few years.

Easy to do when you go into Administration and screw people over, don't pay your bills.

Then you go and do it AGAIN!

Don't mention the Administration word, it wasn't their fault you know.:D

Jordan made them do it. :ffsparr:

But at least it won't happen again all the time CPFC2010 are receiving the outstanding level of support form the Palace faithull, 8,000 fanatics the other night and 8 at the social event. :clap:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair I think making plans for nigel, if that is his real name, is doing his team down here. They've proved time and again this season that they are scrappy underdogs who can raise their game on the big occasions. Against ourselves, Manchester United reserves, Wigan, they proved they can cause upsets against bigger and better clubs.

They've had at least four or five games this season that meant something, and I'm sure a few more people bothered to turn up for those.

Spot on. We should be applauding their season really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here