Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7th birthday free shirt

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My youngest received a free Errea shirt for his 7th birthday. He turns 14 later this month and wants a £50 Nike adult M shirt with Dunk on the back taking it up to £60+

I can see what Paul Barber did there

You should be able to get that an awful lot cheaper in 4 months time.

Is that when the new home shirt is released for next season?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It’s sad but our club has changed, I’m not blaming it as needs must to stay in this division. It was not that long ago that they were winning awards in the Championship for family friendly. I think the EPL and ST waiting list has gone to management heads. No Xmas party, no free shirt, why? Because they no longer need to.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm confused. Has the club literally canned the free shirt thing, or is it only available to kids who are members?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s sad but our club has changed, I’m not blaming it as needs must to stay in this division. It was not that long ago that they were winning awards in the Championship for family friendly. I think the EPL and ST waiting list has gone to management heads. No Xmas party, no free shirt, why? Because they no longer need to.
Other than the fact the club still win awards for being family friendly, there is still a Christmas party and members for the My Albion + scheme still get free t-shirts, the rest of this post is spot on.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Other than the fact the club still win awards for being family friendly, there is still a Christmas party and members for the My Albion + scheme still get free t-shirts, the rest of this post is spot on.

This .... with a big blue bow on it ..... what's changed? ..... very little

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Kids needs to be MyAlbion+ member for £15 per season so yes the FREE offer has gone.

I see. I pay for my 6yo to be a MyAlbion+ member, so he'll get one for free (if I renew in August).

Er, unless he gets a season ticket, in which case he won't. :dunce:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Kids needs to be MyAlbion+ member for £15 per season so yes the FREE offer has gone.

The old scheme was simply unsustainable and being abused by people who had no interest in the Albion, in a few cases I know of by people who didn’t even have kids (they were signing up fictitious kids just so they could get a free shirt).
As an EPL team the free shirt offer could have bankrupted Tony!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The old scheme was simply unsustainable and being abused by people who had no interest in the Albion, in a few cases I know of by people who didn’t even have kids (they were signing up fictitious kids just so they could get a free shirt).

And what did they do when asked to show their fake child's passport?!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And what did they do when asked to show their fake child's passport?!

I’m going back a few years when all you had to do was fill in a form and send it to the club. New Borns don’t have passports and this was the time when many fans wanted to sign their kids up to Junior/Young Seagulls.
Glad they’ve tightened up the controls.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The 'it's not fair' tantrums NSC has had over the years, because posters are unable to get free stuff, is amazing.

Made all the funnier by the simple fact that if it was the poster in questions generosity that was being abused, they'd be screaming for a policeman.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The 'it's not fair' tantrums NSC has had over the years, because posters are unable to get free stuff, is amazing.

Made all the funnier by the simple fact that if it was the poster in questions generosity that was being abused, they'd be screaming for a policeman.

The only logical answer is to never watch the team at home again. :hilton:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I see. I pay for my 6yo to be a MyAlbion+ member, so he'll get one for free (if I renew in August).

Er, unless he gets a season ticket, in which case he won't. :dunce:

My boy was a season ticket holder when he turned 7, 3 years ago (Still is now I might add) and he got his free shirt. To be fair I spend a small FORTUNE on kits for my boys over the years so they have made their money back 10 fold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here