Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7 wins .... more or less.... possible/probable??

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
As many have alluded to the next two fixtures are massive, with Percy and possibly Lampty back we must push on, and if we can come away with six points things suddenly look better. I feel obviously confidence will increase and more victories will inevitably follow, and we will claim a big scalp along the road to safety.

I think Lamptey is out for a few weeks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst Fulham are getting draws, they are doing so with a big slice of luck. Their woodwork is really helping them out, we hit the bar against them and Spurs hit the inside of the post when Son was through to make it 2-0; the ball then gently rolled straight into their keepers arms after that bit of fortune.

Our woodwork has done sweet FA for us this season.

With our current injuries, I just can’t see our luck getting any worse, we are still playing well and getting draws. A downturn in Fulham’s fortunes will see them lose most matches.

That sounds like we are relying on luck rather than skill.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I think we're going to do really well in the second half of the season. Only Leicester and Everton have really got the better of us so far

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That sounds like we are relying on luck rather than skill.

Kind of. We're relying on skill to get the draws and luck to get the wins. If our players could be more skillful in their finishing and our defenders could improve at set-pieces, we're going to change a lot of those draws into wins without the need to avoid too much bad luck.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Haven’t read all replies, but surely.......

“We’re too good to go down”?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we're going to do really well in the second half of the season. Only Leicester and Everton have really got the better of us so far

lol

I don't agree with this but if I take that point then thats more concerning. Playing well but not getting points.

Sign of a good team is not playing well and getting points. What you are saying is the total opposite of that.

Worrying

Regarding the thread. Possible. Next 2 games we need minimum 4 points IMO

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kind of. We're relying on skill to get the draws and luck to get the wins. If our players could be more skillful in their finishing and our defenders could improve at set-pieces, we're going to change a lot of those draws into wins without the need to avoid too much bad luck.

Yes, that little word 'if' covers a multitude of sins.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm happy to take my chances with backing our manager and players to get enough points and stay up.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Haven’t read all replies, but surely.......

“We’re too good to go down”?

That's the gist of many posts, along with "Yeah, we've been s**t so far, but 3 or 4 other teams are even more s**t than us, so we'll be OK." :mad:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
P20 W4 D8 L8 gets us to 34

It will be enough.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
These two games feel massive. The fact they sit at the mid-way point. Fulham's resurgence. Leeds inconsistency. A little bit of confidence from the last 2 league games. Season defining I suspect.

Fulham are better than us right now. Without another change in fortunes for them or us, they will finish above us. I can see us keeping WBA and SU below us but not Fulham, we need wins end of..... No more excuses, no more "learning lessons" BS..... Going direct and getting a rebound off the arse for a dodgy 1-0 against the run of play, is just fine.

We don't need tika taka, potterball, possession stats. We just need points by hook or crook and quickly.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite. People who getting hysterical should really check the tracker. Is of great use this year.

Believe it or not we’re slightly behind where we should be to hit survival.
The tracker suggests we should collect 4 points from our next two games. If we lost them both then 5 points behind becomes a serious concern. (The furthest behind the tracker we've ever been this season is 3 points)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Hardly been in a game all season that we couldn’t have won (Outplayed at Leicester). Just need to actually win games that we are competitive in - starting ASAP!

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Someone on here recently mentioned a former Albion player calling Potter an "academy manager". On reflection I think this is spot on. Academy teams are all about instilling systems and philosophies, and developing youngsters. Results aren't so important. If you look at Potter's impact since arriving I find it hard to disagree with the notion of him being an "academy manager" rather than a first team manager.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
7 from these 11 fixtures is not beyond the realms of possibility:

Leeds, Fulham, Burnley, Villa, Palace, WBA, Newcastle, Sheff U, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham

I'm not saying 7 wins is likely, but a win in any of those games wouldn't surprise me. If/when we get a win or two, the confidence that flows from that is going to make a MASSIVE difference.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
5 wins and 5 draws should do it.

Beating Leeds then beating Fulham would change the NSC mood somewhat.

Especially if Fulham also lose their next 2 vs Chelsea and Man Utd.

I'm with you on 5 wins/draws ... without looking at fixtures in detail (somewhat irrelevant given its half way) I can see as low as 32 points being enough.

Whatever, I'm sure it will go down to the wire

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here