Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6k away tickets at MK Dons £12 adults £1 U18s

JFC

Feb 17, 2016
The 'area' had a team - Milton Keynes City. The locals didn't appear to support them, so was there a 'need'?

Well as a MK born and bred non-league ground–hopper before MK Dons, I can confirm that your suggestion that MK City was the ‘team of Milton Keynes’ is far-fetched at best. Considering they were only around for 4 years and were a works/mates team with zero record of marketing themselves to the wider MK public I can tell you now that at the turn of the millennium and outside of non-league footy circles locally you wouldn’t have found 100 people who had heard of them.

Interest from those in charge dropped and they had a handy political excuse with the Wimbledon situation. Jumped on of course by detractors and heralded as the collapse of some sort of historical non-league giant in Milton Keynes, which was rubbish really.

The first (and proper) MK City had a rather unfortunate run in with the owner and directors of Wimbledon Football Club as well, that ultimately led to their demise and I do wonder if the late 70’s plan had completed and Wimbledon had moved then how people would feel about it all. Probably the same, but maybe not given their position at the time.

To those not spending money, be careful where you go before and after the game. You may be contributing without realising. (And no I’m not going to tell you. :))

Must say I loved the trip to the Amex back in November, it is a superb stadium and the tie-in with the station is excellent. I had a decent pint in your bar post-match and spoke to a good number of BHA fans, strange it was far more polite than here. Must be an internet thing.

Good luck with the promotion bid, as a club you deserve a stint in the Premier League.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Only a 2hr drive for me. Non STH can get tickets next Thursday so I'll check it out then. Be nice to see a MASSIVE away following.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
i don't get the animosity with MK dons. MK is a new town that's grown fast and didn't have a historic football club. Yes, it wasn't great taking the Dons monicker, but it's worked out OK with AFC Wimbledon. Of course MK Dons are finding it difficult to build a fanbase from scratch. It takes generations .
I'm not fishing here, I just think it's a kind of inverted snobbery to despise that club so much.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well as a MK born and bred non-league ground–hopper before MK Dons, I can confirm that your suggestion that MK City was the ‘team of Milton Keynes’ is far-fetched at best. Considering they were only around for 4 years and were a works/mates team with zero record of marketing themselves to the wider MK public I can tell you now that at the turn of the millennium and outside of non-league footy circles locally you wouldn’t have found 100 people who had heard of them.

Interest from those in charge dropped and they had a handy political excuse with the Wimbledon situation. Jumped on of course by detractors and heralded as the collapse of some sort of historical non-league giant in Milton Keynes, which was rubbish really.

The first (and proper) MK City had a rather unfortunate run in with the owner and directors of Wimbledon Football Club as well, that ultimately led to their demise and I do wonder if the late 70’s plan had completed and Wimbledon had moved then how people would feel about it all. Probably the same, but maybe not given their position at the time.

To those not spending money, be careful where you go before and after the game. You may be contributing without realising. (And no I’m not going to tell you. :))

Must say I loved the trip to the Amex back in November, it is a superb stadium and the tie-in with the station is excellent. I had a decent pint in your bar post-match and spoke to a good number of BHA fans, strange it was far more polite than here. Must be an internet thing.

Good luck with the promotion bid, as a club you deserve a stint in the Premier League.

You seem like a reasonable chap, so fair play for posting. Glad you enjoyed your trip down here. Nice to hear a rare positive review from a LOSING away fan - normally the experience and stadium is heralded as excellent by fans who travel home with 3 points, and decried as 'soulless, sh1t, over-priced, miles from anywhere, etc' if they've lost.

I must say though, I don't think NSC has been especially impolite? I guess I did term Winkleman 'a prick', but I'll make no apology for that.

I've no real issue with locals who watch the team, tbh, just the people behind the theft of Wimbledon's status.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i don't get the animosity with MK dons. MK is a new town that's grown fast and didn't have a historic football club. Yes, it wasn't great taking the Dons monicker, but it's worked out OK with AFC Wimbledon. Of course MK Dons are finding it difficult to build a fanbase from scratch. It takes generations .
I'm not fishing here, I just think it's a kind of inverted snobbery to despise that club so much.

It really, really, really isn't. They didn't just 'take the Dons moniker'. They STOLE their very existence. They stole their league status, and place in the pyramid, instead of starting at the bottom like every single other club.

The fact that AFC Wimbledon have rebuilt is utterly irrelevant to how we should feel about the rape of their original club.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
"MK Dons Away - Sat 15 August

According to the PNE site, tickets for us are in the North Stand Upper http://www.pnefc.net/tickets/ticket-prices/, which unless it's a misprint, means that MK are trying to get the away fans further away from the pitch, presumably to counteract the advantage away teams should get given that their home fans make absolutely no atmosphere."

Its the same for all away now MK sell the upper tier first complete bollocks so no atmosphere from home support and away support in outer space what a shite club!! I have purchased my tickets so see you all on the 19th Mar and lets smash them 0-3 :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
"MK Dons Away - Sat 15 August

According to the PNE site, tickets for us are in the North Stand Upper http://www.pnefc.net/tickets/ticket-prices/, which unless it's a misprint, means that MK are trying to get the away fans further away from the pitch, presumably to counteract the advantage away teams should get given that their home fans make absolutely no atmosphere."

Its the same for all away now MK sell the upper tier first complete bollocks so no atmosphere from home support and away support in outer space what a shite club!! I have purchased my tickets so see you all on the 19th Mar and lets smash them 0-3 :thumbsup:

I still think we will be able to spot the Spurs and other PL shirts being worn by the 'home fans'

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Got mine! Can't say I'm looking forward to going to their stadium, but a large away following will be exciting

It really, really, really isn't. They didn't just 'take the Dons moniker'. They STOLE their very existence. They stole their league status, and place in the pyramid, instead of starting at the bottom like every single other club.

The fact that AFC Wimbledon have rebuilt is utterly irrelevant to how we should feel about the rape of their original club.

Tried to steal their FA Cup win too, in fact the pricks at MK Mongs used to sing about it.

But the FA I think it was stripped the parasite ******* club of it and awarded it to the borough of Kingston?

portway

Mar 31, 2009
Oh dear, having lived in Brighton and MK no competition MK any day. Brighton's full of old ******s and
have about the the most sanctimonious fans in the country. Small club while thinking it's a big club and
always reaching out for plaudits from elsewhere (a sure sign of insecurity). Stadium MK knocks spots
off the Falmer stadium in every way. Milton Keynes is a brilliant place and can be whatever you want it to be,
no wonder it's just about the fastest growing place in the UK. Oh and no history, name me a Brighton born footballer
who bears any comparison with Deli Alli....I'm waiting

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Oh dear, having lived in Brighton and MK no competition MK any day. Brighton's full of old ******s and
have about the the most sanctimonious fans in the country. Small club while thinking it's a big club and
always reaching out for plaudits from elsewhere (a sure sign of insecurity). Stadium MK knocks spots
off the Falmer stadium in every way. Milton Keynes is a brilliant place and can be whatever you want it to be,
no wonder it's just about the fastest growing place in the UK. Oh and no history, name me a Brighton born footballer

:wave::clap: 6 posts in 7 years...well played fella.

The only thing I want MK to be is honest with itself, I mean being the countries first Franchise FC isn't that bad is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here