Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
remember Leeds have alot of support in Yorkshire

Sheffield being in the South of the county,alot of towns in West & North Yorkshire follow Leeds

still,you can't knock 6k midweek 'it's a very good turn out

Leeds have a lot of support throughout the whole of the UK

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
what a massive huge club such a huge history of awesomeness and no doubt as they have taken 6000 away to a big premiership club they are one of the biggest clubs in the world. I wish we had attendances like theirs :( one day....

I hate leeds, if there's one team i hope lose after palace is those deluded, history obsessed chavy northern shitheads. Comprende.

this with knobs on

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
miles and miles bigger than us,amazing support every week,that is a fact,anyone that disagrees hasnt a scooby3

I disagree strongly.

They have amazing away support every other week - that is indisputable.

They also have a very fickle, only-come-out-for-the-big-games home support every other week.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
When was the last time leeds played Newcastle away ? Or any premier league team away in the cup ?

Leeds fans are passionate and travel in big numbers however they still want to prove to the premier league clubs they are arguably a bigger club than them. That's why there is over 6k Leeds at Newcastle

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Agreed, do people think that once you're past Watford, everywhere is next door and they a Northern version of the London Underground? I don't like it either, but Leeds are a massive club, I assume that no-one really thinks that Brighton are in the same spectrum?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Agreed, do people think that once you're past Watford, everywhere is next door and they a Northern version of the London Underground? I don't like it either, but Leeds are a massive club, I assume that no-one really thinks that Brighton are in the same spectrum?

I am sure some do, but it isn't just a southern trait (see my earlier post).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Actually I live north of Watford and have done for some time, I also know exactly how far it is from Leeds to Newcastle having driven to Newcastle via Leeds the weekend before last for the great north run. As I said before, it's not far.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
remember Leeds have alot of support in Yorkshire

Sheffield being in the South of the county,alot of towns in West & North Yorkshire follow Leeds

still,you can't knock 6k midweek 'it's a very good turn out

In West Yorkshire you have Huddersfield & Bradford who both hate Leeds with a passion.
In North Yorkshire there is York City who have their own following.
Add into this a good proportion of Prem club fans & you are then beginning to see that the majority of the support come from the general Leeds area.
Also take into account that rugby league is the predominant sport for West Yorkshire so the Leeds fans do not make up that great a proportion of the population.

All the above said to take 6000 fans to a stadium over 100 miles from you home ground is a laudable achievement.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Actually I live north of Watford and have done for some time, I also know exactly how far it is from Leeds to Newcastle having driven to Newcastle via Leeds the weekend before last for the great north run. As I said before, it's not far.

Okay, I just think whatever it is, 100 miles or so? 6,000 is about 6 times more than most would take.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I disagree strongly.

They have amazing away support every other week - that is indisputable.

They also have a very fickle, only-come-out-for-the-big-games home support every other week.

Please post more and admin less. A 100%, gold plated, thank google someone said it, THIS!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Plus one of the few Leeds fans left on my twitter that I haven't unfollowed lives - guess where - Newcastle. I doubt he's the only one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here