Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

60 Points!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have seen nothing from the manager that suggests that he is doing nothing more than looking at the next game and focusing on promotion. I believe his experience in achieving promotion before with Newcastle will prove invaluable in how he can keep the team grounded, with their eyes firmly on the ball.

On the contrary, I would very much suspect that the management are plotting well ahead of the next two or three games but that they will be making sure that the players only focus on the next game.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I figure that if Leeds and Reading collect 2 points a game this would be considered good form. If the worst case scenario is that they maintain "good form" both are looking at a total of 87 points finish. If we do 2 points a game or better we should be all but promoted by 8th April with 88 points with 5 games spare and an FA Cup final.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I disagree that should read we can try and control suspensions, however we do have players that can and do get booked sometimes for very silly things.

When I said "I would argue" it didn't mean that I really wanted to. But just for the hell of it here goes:

You and I can't control players, Hughton can try and control players, players can control themselves (if they try hard enough). Seriously though I think our players got taught a good lesson at the start of the season when they couldn't even look at the ref for getting a yellow. Knockaerts yellow last night was a reminder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I disagree that should read we can try and control suspensions, however we do have players that can and do get booked sometimes for very silly things.

When I said "I would argue" it didn't mean that I really wanted to. But just for the hell of it here goes:

You and I can't control players, Hughton can try and control players, players can control themselves (if they try hard enough). Seriously though I think our players got taught a good lesson at the start of the season when they couldn't even look at the ref for getting a yellow. Knockaerts yellow last night was a reminder.
How the hell has Duffy on received 3 yellow cards.

The guy is such a legend, the authorities could weekly make a case against him for manslaughter, just not a booking.

:bowdown:

In the past history of the Championship, 12 years, it has taken exactly 30 games for a team to reach 60 points or more.

Only 3 clubs reached that figure in less than 30 games -

2006 - 25 Games - Reading... - finished with 106 points - won the league - 25 points above 3rd team
2013 - 28 Games - Cardiff…. - finished with 87 points - won the league - 10 points above 3rd team
2014 - 27 Games - Leicester - finished with 102 points - won the league - 17 points above 3rd team

2017 - 27 Games - Brighton - ??????

Good research there!!

I hate to be optimistic, when pessimism comes so much easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here