6 strikers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think we would be wise to get rid of Gatting. He shows good movement and has scored some decent goals in the first team and reserves.

Savage may move on when his contract runs out at Christmas and Elder is an relatively unknown quantity thus far.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
guess so .. stick Jakey on the flank and rotate the rest i guess..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'd say Robinson & Gatting on loan (Maybe Elder too) and Savage will go in Jan if he doesn't produce in 1st half of next season.

Don't forget that Elder, Gatting and (probably) Robinson won't be on much. Doubt Revell & Baz are on massive wages, either.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Elder
Gatting
Robinson
Savage
Revel
Foster

Gatting to go?

Savage will be the striker to go and Robinson will be used more as a right winger, So if we sign Bowdich that will give us 5 strikers which is about what we need to mount a challenge.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Elder
Gatting
Robinson
Savage
Revel
Foster
QUOTE]

Sorry, I only see 4 worthy of the title Striker. I'm afraid Gats and Elder to go. on loan if you like, but I really can't see how they are going to feature this season if the others are fit.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Elder
Gatting
Robinson
Savage
Revel
Foster
QUOTE]

Sorry, I only see 4 worthy of the title Striker. I'm afraid Gats and Elder to go. on loan if you like, but I really can't see how they are going to feature this season if the others are fit.

You weren't at Cheltenham then...

Elder was EXCELLENT.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Maybe the plan is to play six up front.

We might let in a few, but it should be more interesting to watch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would send Gatting and Elder out on loan to Crawley or Aldershot or similar for 3 months and let Savage go as he hasnt got it although he was a novelty last season his actual ability is very nearly zero. He holds the ball up too long whilest getting it under some form of control and allows the opposition defenders the time to regroup.

Robinson and Revell will come good playing alongside of Forster who will bring them into the game more and present them with more chances.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You weren't at Cheltenham then...

Elder was EXCELLENT.

I certainly was at Cheltenham, at the end of season stroll the fringe players had. It certainly wasn't the performance to make me change my mind. I'm sure Elder has tallent, but for most of last season he couldn't get on the bench, let alone the pitch. Send him on loan, he may come back better, then we'll see. But for now, I would only want to consider the players who did enough to earn the shirt next season.

One game is not really enough. I remember Molango had one great game at the begining of a season once....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jake Robinson needs a good season by taking the chances presented to him in terms of first team starts and goal scoring opportunities. If he doesn't have one, I reckon he could be out the door in 12 months. He's done shit all in 2 years now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very harsh assesments of last season's TOP SCORER.

Yes he's lightweight and still has a lot to prove, but he's 19 years old and scored 12 goals before Christmas last year. That is not 'nothing'.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Very harsh assesments of last season's TOP SCORER.

Yes he's lightweight and still has a lot to prove, but he's 19 years old and scored 12 goals before Christmas last year. That is not 'nothing'.

He's a very good player and there's a few threads on here that shows the quality goals he can score when he's got confidence ( Millwall away jpt for example ) but I think the boy needs a bit of a spell out of the striking roll and put on the right wing to take the goalscoring pressure off him. He will come good though just as Gatting will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports