Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 6 (SIX!) year old shoots teacher…in America, obviously

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Teacher in critical condition after altercation with a handgun wielding infant!! I mean, you can’t make this stuff up really. Six year old, with a handgun. At school.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So absurd. Surely a further justification for more Americans to bear arms to protect themselves against this sort of thing, because if you don’t have a gun how the heck are you supposed to kill other Americans who do before they kill you?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So absurd. Surely a further justification for more Americans to bear arms to protect themselves against this sort of thing, because if you don’t have a gun how the heck are you supposed to kill other Americans who do before they kill you?
Exactly. Thank the good lord he was confronted by an adult, because what if he'd shot at his fellow pupils first? The only answer is for ALL six year olds to start attending school fully armed and thus able to defend themselves in these circumstances – it's amazing that Americans can't see this.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This is worth a watch.

Member of the gun lobby makes speech to "the class of 2021" - the 3,000 American children who would have graduated that year had they not been killed by guns.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Thoughts, prayers, never would have happened if they had armed guards on the doors etc.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We need to change our legislation to make carrying a gun illegal but unfortunately no president will do that because of our amendment and pressure from the powerful gun lobby . What might have been necessary 209 years ago is clearly not needed now . Folks should not be walking about with guns like it’s normal .

USA needs to follow UK’s example on this .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shocking but not surprising, on first reading the article, I read Redneck Eliminatory School.
I did as well!

There‘s so much which is f***ed up about this news item:

“Mr Drew said the incident was not "an accidental shooting".”

“Mr Drew emphasised that the shooting had been an isolated incident and stressed that officers "did not have a situation where someone was going around the school shooting".” - phew, a toddler on the rampage doesn’t bear thinking about.

“the school had metal detection facilities, students were checked at random and not every child was inspected.” - WTF, schools checking pupils for guns.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is disturbing stuff and arguably raises the WTF bar even higher.

If you have more guns than people, military level arms freely available and unlimited ammunition it is inevitable that (a) nutjobs will go on killing sprees and (b) sloppiness will see toddlers getting hands on loaded shooters and firing them.

This hints at a child of send year in primary school deciding to take out a teacher he was pissed off at. Is that becoming normal through their eyes such is the general state of affairs and what they are used to seeing and hearing? We know they have guns designed for toddlers and some learn to shoot very young.

Things have to change.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is disturbing stuff and arguably raises the WTF bar even higher.

If you have more guns than people, military level arms freely available and unlimited ammunition it is inevitable that (a) nutjobs will go on killing sprees and (b) sloppiness will see toddlers getting hands on loaded shooters and firing them.

This hints at a child of send year in primary school deciding to take out a teacher he was pissed off at. Is that becoming normal through their eyes such is the general state of affairs and what they are used to seeing and hearing? We know they have guns designed for toddlers and some learn to shoot very young.

Things have to change.
I'd argue against that, this isn't WTF.
This is natural progression from allowing 20 children of the same age to be slaughtered in their school, 10 years ago.
Doing nothing up to that point and then in the aftermath just makes America what it is today.

Every shooting after Sandy Hook is just natural progression.

Still they've always got Thoughts and Prayers so it's not entirely worthless.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Every one talks about Sandy Hook but prior to that, The Virginia Tech 2007 shooting by a 23 yr old resulted in 33 deaths including 28 students, Columbine 1999, 15 killled - Sandy Hook 2012 changed in schools nothing other than increasing building security- no background checks still in some States, 1 in 18 kids taking guns to school (with or with parents permission), more and more teachers being armed so even more guns going into schools to ‘deal’ with gun violence - Parkland 2018 - 17 kids killed, and 20 kids at Ulvade, Texas last year.

But that’s what you get in a Country that treats the right to bear arms as the Holy Cow of it’s Constitution. Problem is young kids and toddlers are becoming intentional or accidental killers with alarming regularity because they are getting their hands on their parents guns -

- Just a few examples quickly pulled down from the net:

Aged 4 bringing a gun to school

Or this - an accident ok but a 2 year old!?

Another accident- this time a 5yr old

Not an accident - 10 yr old shoots Mom

This time another toddler

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I did as well!

There‘s so much which is f***ed up about this news item:

“Mr Drew said the incident was not "an accidental shooting".”

“Mr Drew emphasised that the shooting had been an isolated incident and stressed that officers "did not have a situation where someone was going around the school shooting".” - phew, a toddler on the rampage doesn’t bear thinking about.

“the school had metal detection facilities, students were checked at random and not every child was inspected.” - WTF, schools checking pupils for guns.
Whilst I agree with your sentiments, that part of your post isn’t confined to America. My wife used to go through metal detectors in schools in Peckham 30 years ago albeit they were there to detect knives not guns. I haven’t worked in a school with metal detectors and luckily have never felt threatened in that way. I’m not sure why American teachers take the risk tbh.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What makes people safer, no guns or many guns ? Very many Americans seem unable to consider this and revert to "Its my constitutional right".

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
As others have suggested, what it needed was his classmates to have guns so they could take him out, and anyone else they suspected of not being their best friends. Go America!

Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers…

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What makes people safer, no guns or many guns ? Very many Americans seem unable to consider this and revert to "Its my constitutional right".
The Missus and I would have easily shot each other by now if we were living in America with some of the kick offs we’ve had in the past. Fortunately we all cool off and tommorow’s another day without any bloodshed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here