Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6 out of 6

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I don’t really see the issue with half and half scarves in European games, we might never play Ajax or AEK again…

Normal half and half scarf rules don’t apply in Europe, not that Palace would know. I bought an insanely knock off Brighton AEK half and half from a street vendor in Athens for 5€, would go up in flames if it got within a two metres of fire so I’ll never wear it anywhere but I love it.

But probably taking it too far - Scousers have started? (may have been going on a while) buying baseball caps from whichever team they’re playing in Europe and wear them in the away end…
I agree on the European games, I didn’t get one myself but I don’t see why not on those game.

I have bought a scarf from all the away games (and any stadium I’ve been to abroad).

Ignore the Dulwich and Whitehawk ones.

IMG_8709.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I only did 2…
Pomagne ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Indeed, is there any other kind of Champagne than "French" Champagne? No there isn't, It is illegal to grow the grapes and produce it anywhere other then errrrr . . . the Champagne area of La Belle France.
Methode Champanoise gets you round that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No, Prosecco is mass-produced, artificially carbonated fizz. A triumph of marketing.
interestingly, I had always harboured a suspicion that Prosecco has been a “marketing triumph”, as you put it.
still eminently drinkable, though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
interestingly, I had always harboured a suspicion that Prosecco has been a “marketing triumph”, as you put it.
still eminently drinkable, though
I used to like Asti Spumante but its difficult to find now as Prosecco has taken over.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Personally, the home grown sparkling wine is pretty damn good. There are some very decent vineyards and all producing top notch fizz. Rather pricey but having had Champagne recently I would say champagne is not as good and the French know it. That said, I have yet to enjoy a Red produced in this country. Will continue to stick to other continents.
I can recommend Bolney Estate Wine. When I pop over to see friends and family, I always try to bring a couple of bottles of their Pinot Noir back to Canada with me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Can someone enlighten me as to how someone in the replies won the ‘Albion+’ version, which mentions “impressively high attendance to all EL home and away games”. I thought only STH could get the away tickets? Not a gripe, I’m just very nosey.
Yeah, Marseille and maybe Athens were available, but surely not possible for Albion+ to get an Ajax ticket.

Still, even if they're given then for 4 or 5 out of the 6 I'm delighted that Albion+ is being rewarded for once

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Personally, the home grown sparkling wine is pretty damn good. There are some very decent vineyards and all producing top notch fizz. Rather pricey but having had Champagne recently I would say champagne is not as good and the French know it. That said, I have yet to enjoy a Red produced in this country. Will continue to stick to other continents.
There are good champagnes, very good champagnes, and crap like non vintage Moët and the like. Excellent sparkling wine can be produced anywhere in the world, but truly great champagnes have no equal.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Indeed, is there any other kind of Champagne than "French" Champagne? No there isn't, It is illegal to grow the grapes and produce it anywhere other then errrrr . . . the Champagne area of La Belle France.
Just to set things straight. The same grape varieties are used all over France, Europe and the rest of the world. What is illegal within the EU (and other participating countries) is to call it Champagne unless the grapes were grown within a specific, legally defined geographic area in France, and the wine produced using the legally defined ‘Methode Champanoise’ (sp).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here