Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6-1 and you still don't sing!!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've no idea, but I shall find out!

On a side note mate have u ever watched 'Something Special' on Cbeebees? I love the Makaton sign language in it and the fact it teaches little ones to sign. Do you ever use this if u don't mind me asking? My littlen loves it too..

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
On a side note mate have u ever watched 'Something Special' on Cbeebees? I love the Makaton sign language in it and the fact it teaches little ones to sign. Do you ever use this if u don't mind me asking? My littlen loves it too..

I haven't, although I have been subjected to Mr Tumble as my class love it.

I'm currently doing a PGCE and my placement is an SEN school in mid Sussex. Makaton is great and signing should be encouraged for children, I reckon. My niece did baby sign and still signs a little bit, despite not having any sort of hearing deficience.

I don't have to use it on a personal level, since the implant, but it's very helpful when teaching the children. BSL/Makaton are great and very expressive.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm currently doing a PGCE and my placement is an SEN school in mid Sussex. Makaton is great and signing should be encouraged for children, I reckon. My niece did baby sign and still signs a little bit, despite not having any sort of hearing deficience.

I don't have to use it on a personal level, since the implant, but it's very helpful when teaching the children. BSL/Makaton are great and very expressive.

My wife is a pre-school teacher. They teach the basics of makaton to all their kids. I assumed this happened in all pre-schools?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

My wife is a pre-school teacher. They teach the basics of makaton to all their kids. I assumed this happened in all pre-schools?

Certainly had nothing of the sort when I was at school. Sorry Baz should've been more clearer Something Special is actually Mr Tumble.. One thing I don't fully get is when signing someone's name, why do they only sign the first letter? Is it because you're meant to lip read the rest of the name?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thought it was a great atmosphere. OP obviously unlucky with the atmosphere where he sat.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
richard head

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I will have to check this out. I work in a nursery and the children use Makaton to sign for milk, water, biscuit, please and thank you. Mind you, they also know the words for those things in Polish!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You obviously were not in the stadium it was jovial, fun, spontaneous singing coupled with some great randomness which all built to a fantastic atmosphere. It was so loud that the ref and the 4th offical had to cup ears to hear their radio chatter at about 70mins. Off with your fishing trip.

Exactly,...this Muppet needs a good shoeing....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Certainly had nothing of the sort when I was at school. Sorry Baz should've been more clearer Something Special is actually Mr Tumble.. One thing I don't fully get is when signing someone's name, why do they only sign the first letter? Is it because you're meant to lip read the rest of the name?

Ah right, that makes sense. I don't know enough about Justin (J) or Mr Tumble, clearly!

It just simplifies things. I think it is on the basis that one already knows the name, so it is a gentle reminder. Generally, in sign, people have a sign name (an action of a hobby or interest or feature) and then lip read the actual name.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Sounded noisy enough to me, and as has been previously been noted, very happy and jolly as well for obvious reasons. Singing in North Stand concourse at half time was a new experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here