Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 5th Avenue incident

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't think the OP quite deserved to receive such a furious preach. What happened there was not in any way forgivable - no matter what happened leading up to it.

Irrespective of skin colour, ethnicity, sexual orientation (etc) a gang of youths riding round the streets with absolutely no regard for law, order or people is just plain wrong and if that's the way NYC is heading it's a sad state of affairs.

You're missing the point. I'm not condoning whatever happened. I'm criticising the OP for not providing any context.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Thank you. looks scary but somewhat different to what the OP described. The sensationalist newscaster doesn't help. Of course there will be outrage, rich people are the victims. Allegedly.

But yes, very very scary, no doubt. However, I cannot help wondering; Why are you just sitting there in your car? Just ****ing drive through the *****.

Very, very admirable comments from the driver afterward though. I wouldn't be so compassionate..

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pictures today of a gang of around 25 young teenagers attacking a bmw in the middle of 5th Ave New York.

Could only see about 5 faces , all looked like young black teenagers dressed in sports wear .

The BMW had a family inside and the mob were throwing their bikes at the car trying to break the windows . The car was in the middle of the road and doesn’t look like it was involved in any accident at all with any of the bike riders .

Must have been horrendous for the family inside . Read reports of lots of horrific stuff in areas like the bronx but never in central Manhattan- makes me feel very sad for my city .

My word. You bellend.

I've just seen the video.

1) There were nowhere near 25 kids involved.
2) They weren't 'all' black.
3) What's your issue with wearing 'sports wear'?
4) There WAS an incident with the group of bikers.
5) ONE of them 'threw' his bike on the bonnet - nowhere near the window.
6) Don't EVER try and get a job as a journalist if this is how you research and report a story.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Pictures today of a gang of around 25 young teenagers attacking a bmw in the middle of 5th Ave New York.

Could only see about 5 faces , all looked like young black teenagers dressed in sports wear .

The BMW had a family inside and the mob were throwing their bikes at the car trying to break the windows . The car was in the middle of the road and doesn’t look like it was involved in any accident at all with any of the bike riders .

Must have been horrendous for the family inside . Read reports of lots of horrific stuff in areas like the bronx but never in central Manhattan- makes me feel very sad for my city .

There was an Inccident on 57th Street and a Tenth Avenue Freeeze out....... but you lost me with this one:rock:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Reminds me a little bit about things occuring on a daily basis pretty much everywhere in the world for 2,5 million years.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My word. You bellend.

6) Don't EVER try and get a job as a journalist if this is how you research and report a story.

I never said the gang were all black , I said the 5 teenagers I saw in the photos were . My issue with wearing sportswear when you are not playing sport is that it’s embarrassing. Not a good look - unless you are going for council estate chic .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ok.

Rich dude with his Mom break-tests a youth pulling a wheelie behind him and gets his car smashed up as a result. Remember the day out on YouTube of bike gang in Brighton (from London), pulling wheelies on the wrongs side of the toad and riding through supermarkets? This lot would have reacted in the same way in Brighton if they’d been break tested by a snob in a Beamer.

“He said he didn't see it, but a witness told him someone was behind the vehicle on a bike doing a wheelie. And when Max slowed down, the biker apparently crashed into the back of the car.”

Cyclists were all colours as far a I can tell.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I never said the gang were all black , I said the 5 teenagers I saw in the photos were . My issue with wearing sportswear when you are not playing sport is that it’s embarrassing. Not a good look - unless you are going for council estate chic .

And there we go. You couldn't keep it under wraps for long, could you.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ok.

Rich dude with his Mom break-tests a youth pulling a wheelie behind him and gets his car smashed up as a result. Remember the day out on YouTube of bike gang in Brighton (from London), pulling wheelies on the wrongs side of the toad and riding through supermarkets? This lot would have reacted in the same way in Brighton if they’d been break tested by a snob in a Beamer.

“He said he didn't see it, but a witness told him someone was behind the vehicle on a bike doing a wheelie. And when Max slowed down, the biker apparently crashed into the back of the car.”

Cyclists were all colours as far a I can tell.

A neurologist.
Just been to donate items to charity.
Kids were holding onto the wing mirrors while on their bikes.

But you just see a rich snob in a nice car who deserves aggro?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My word. You bellend.

I think this type of reporting is perfect for a number of our national publications...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why don't you start a poll over who was to blame and use all your four accounts to tick the box you want to win?

The punctuation error with commas is a dead giveaway. The question is, why are moderators allowing it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Clearly only made the news because it's Manhattan. I bet this happens dozens of times a day in poorer areas. Kids were likely riding his "fender". Annoying and dangerous but no point trying to stop them. As we have seen here. That said, I cannot condone that reaction. What's wrong with a good old "up yours" and a flob on the windshield?

Lessons learned all round.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
My word. You bellend.

Daily Mail. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here