Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5p for a carrier bag......!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Beware of the automatic checkouts. Someone I know got to the end of her scanning and was asked by the machine, how many bags she had used. As you used to get points for using your own bags, she pressed 2 (she had brought 2 jute bags with her) and then the total showed up.
When she had paid, she realised that she had been charged 10p for two plastic bags, not credited with points for using her own. It seems that supermarket no longer gives you points for using your own.

She went to customer services who reluctantly refunded her the 10p.

:facepalm:

If I'd been next in the queue I'd have offered her a quid just to fvck off.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Beware of the automatic checkouts. Someone I know got to the end of her scanning and was asked by the machine, how many bags she had used. As you used to get points for using your own bags, she pressed 2 (she had brought 2 jute bags with her) and then the total showed up.
When she had paid, she realised that she had been charged 10p for two plastic bags, not credited with points for using her own. It seems that supermarket no longer gives you points for using your own.

She went to customer services who reluctantly refunded her the 10p.

Self scan should ask you at the start whether you brought your own bags.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove

If only the Daily Mail had some idea who to blame for this madness...

Daily Mail plastic bag campaing front page.png

Oh.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Government have released have released an instructional video on shopping without plastic bags

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, film

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, film

This.

One of my all time favourite films,

"When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour":D

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This.

One of my all time favourite films,

"When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour":D

"Forget it, he's rolling".

John Landis NEVER gets a mention as one of the all-time great directors. But he really, really should.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
If anything, it's too little too late. People are stupid enough to pay over a fiver for a pint. That'll buy a years supply of plastic bags for someone who can't be bothered to bring their own bag.

Last edited:

"Forget it, he's rolling".

John Landis NEVER gets a mention as one of the all-time great directors. But he really, really should.

Childish schoolboy humour, gratuitous nudity and disgusting behaviour. Really, what's not to like about it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here