Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£50 charge if you want to cancel your season ticket

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So if you cant for some reason get to the albion again, say you have moved away or something, then techincally speaking that is dead money?

No, you can spend it in the club shop (and, I assume, the online shop). You'd just have to give the family Albion-related birthday presents for the next few years!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There is no way it costs the club £50 in administration costs to cancel a season ticket. Complete rip off !!!!

EDIT - given the club state the charge is to cover costs how do they justify that before one date it only costs them £10 and then it suddenly costs them £50 ?

You'd be amazed at what administration does actually cost companies, BHA also now have to re-sell the ticket and have an additional cost there, so I bet, when drilled into, £50 isn't far off the actual cost.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
OP: do you have any friends who are 'occasional' fans? Could sell (or rather 'give') them your ticket on a match-by-match basis. You'd probably get most of your money back over the course of a season as match-day tickets much more expensive than season tickets are pro-rata.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Even if you add £50 to your e-cash for purposes of buying beers pie etc...you can get it back by following the procedures ... just check the details online ... i cant be bothered to check as i never have any money left on my card

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I had the same problem about 4 weeks ago. In simple terms i put in to move seats as would not be able to make all of the matches as i have changed job and did not want the 15 year old sitting where we were sitting on her own or with a mate. They then sent me an e-mail after the date for renewal stating that they would not be able to move us therefore had to cancel. On the phone they stated it would cost £25 each season ticket as it was in terms and conditions but at that time it was not. So argued and argued and finally got full refund. Check T&C's when you renewed and you will find that to be the case. Not sure if they are able to change it willy nilly. It was not in the terms and conditions as i copy and pasted it to them. Maybe why they have been changed. If you were not notified of these changes surely they are not enforceable. Banks have to send out letters etc informing you of changes so why not a football club as it changes what you have signed up for......

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
There is no way it costs the club £50 in administration costs to cancel a season ticket. Complete rip off !!!!

EDIT - given the club state the charge is to cover costs how do they justify that before one date it only costs them £10 and then it suddenly costs them £50 ?

They don't have to justify it; if you want to cancel then those are the rules.

DD's are a great deal for most Season ticket holders.

Stop moaning.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I had the same problem about 4 weeks ago. In simple terms i put in to move seats as would not be able to make all of the matches as i have changed job and did not want the 15 year old sitting where we were sitting on her own or with a mate. They then sent me an e-mail after the date for renewal stating that they would not be able to move us therefore had to cancel. On the phone they stated it would cost £25 each season ticket as it was in terms and conditions but at that time it was not. So argued and argued and finally got full refund. Check T&C's when you renewed and you will find that to be the case. Not sure if they are able to change it willy nilly. It was not in the terms and conditions as i copy and pasted it to them. Maybe why they have been changed. If you were not notified of these changes surely they are not enforceable. Banks have to send out letters etc informing you of changes so why not a football club as it changes what you have signed up for......

That's cheeky. They did a similar thing when they started charging £25 for replacement smart cards and £10 for paper tickets. The club charter clearly stated that smart cards could be replaced for £10 and paper ticket provided for £3. When I pointed this out it was quickly changed.

In any case, I am sorted now as they have provided a full refund. But should anyone else wish to cancel their season ticket they should point out exactly what you have said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here