Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

50 Cent: Utter !!!!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Well FVCK ME, popular music in shock tactics.....

Been done 1000's of time before.

Most of Elvis' records in th 50's,
'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' etc in the 60's,
'God Save The Queen' and Punk in th 70's,
'Relax' , 'White Lines' in the 80's
Oasis in th 90's

Those are just a few examples. I am not sure if people are advocating money above all else, that is very dangerous, but I do not come from a really poor background, so therefore money means less to me than to somebody who has never had any...

Still, I reckon we will do Parlarse 2-0 at our place :bounce: :bounce:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
50-Cent? Is he the one ran off stage at Reading complaining that people were chucking plastic bottles at him?

Yep, real hard-core.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
50-Cent? Is he the one ran off stage at Reading complaining that people were chucking plastic bottles at him?

Yep, real hard-core.....

Plastic bottles full of piss.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
StaffsGull said:
Well FVCK ME, popular music in shock tactics.....

Been done 1000's of time before.

Most of Elvis' records in th 50's,
'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' etc in the 60's,
'God Save The Queen' and Punk in th 70's,
'Relax' , 'White Lines' in the 80's
Oasis in th 90's

Those are just a few examples. I am not sure if people are advocating money above all else, that is very dangerous, but I do not come from a really poor background, so therefore money means less to me than to somebody who has never had any...

Still, I reckon we will do Parlarse 2-0 at our place :bounce: :bounce:

While I don't agree with TiD's post, there is a difference between half a dollar and the above acts. Elvis was a truck driver from Memphis who sang about normal teenage preoccupations. The Beatles were working class scousers who were controversial only in that they did take drugs and
sometimes sang about them. Oasis were a bunch of lads from Burnage living the rock n roll lifestyle. BUT half a dollar here is a former crack dealer with a history of violence and intimidation. He portrays himself as a gangster and has been one. This film will almost certainly call us to admire his 'struggle'.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
If you translate the dollar into pounds he is actually called '28 pence'. Donesnt sound quite as hard now does he?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
50 cent is a !!!!

R&B or is it urban or whatever is shit.

They are welcome to each other.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I quite like his tune with Mobb Deep and MOP, it's CATCHY.
You can't blame the bloke for chasing money FFS, it's got to be better than living in a project in New York selling crack and getting shot for a living and if the way he's gonna go about making money is being contoversial then all power to him.

E

enigma

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I quite like his tune with Mobb Deep and MOP, it's CATCHY.
You can't blame the bloke for chasing money FFS, it's got to be better than living in a project in New York selling crack and getting shot for a living and if the way he's gonna go about making money is being contoversial then all power to him.

Yeah that tune is good. He does the odd good one to be fair, but he is vastly over-rated. Lyrically he's average. But he does know how to make catchy songs.

Good luck to him as well over the money thing. He's not the first rapper to be controversial over it, and its all a storm in a teacup. I respect him hugely for making so much money, coming from nothing. He should be admired for that.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
shit music, shit person. matter of opinion of course

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
HampshireSeagulls said:

Yep, real hard-core.....

As someone above said, full of piss. Actually makes me laugh that 50 Cent ran off squealing whilst teenage pop duo Daphne & Celeste played on throughout their pelting with said bottles of piss.

It's all image which attracts mainly schoolkids and Americans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here