Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 year ban for violent Seagulls supporter

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nibble and Easy 10 ENOUGH!! Let it go - he's had enough. You are sounding like a pair of cyber bullies now I suggest Easy 10 go raise his child and Nibble go get a job

Well all the while people are leaping to his defence and challenging my assertions, I'll defend my opinion.

why don't the police do something a bit more productive and start banning the people at withdean that just sit moaning about the team and spend the rest of the time talking to their mates about chelsea, arsenal and co.
I for one would rather see the back of them even though that would probably mean losing about 50% of the crowd than 1 person who may go a little bit over the top now and then because he is passionate about his team.

I have nothing to add here other than....

:facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You ever spent 13 hours in a police cell?, I have, and you'd admit anything to get out as it’s worse than being in prison (Yes I have) and it has been said he hasn't committed one single offence prier to these allegations.

Till you're in the same situation as he was then I'd keep you gob shut Mr know it all Muppet.

Are you suggesting that only criminals are qualified to sit in judgement of other criminals?

It's an interest approach to law and order, but I'm not convinced it's the way forward.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
whats the problem? because cocks like him, have tarred all footballers as thugs and troublemakers so that we cant go into a pub wearing "colours" at one level, at another gave the govenrnment an reason to introduce draconian powers which they use elsewhere.

I think a barman can tell if your a thug or not 'just by your appearance'...apparently

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The lads been caught bang to rights, the only thing that is really open to conjecture is whether or not he deserved a 5 year ban. Is it a bit harsh? Probably but then as we have been repeatedly told we don't know the whole truth do we? We don't know what he actually did. He could have got off lightly for all we know.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
I understand but in this case it is fairly black and white by the look of it. The Argus don't so much make up stories as use sensationalist language. It is up to each of us to read any news article with a filter on and try and get past any flowery language that each paper uses. I try to get to the bones of a story and the facts are well substantiated in this case.

My personal point of view, given the facts is that a young man has admitted to causing trouble in a place where other members of the public are likely to be affected and was given a punishment. I think it is afair judgement. I don't know the kid but I am glad he faced consequences for his actions, something that is all too rare these days.

well thats encouraging to read actually you have your opinion and you are more than entitled to it and the fact you have come to it in a rational way i respect.
there have been a lot of assumptions made because it is football related (not by you) so he must be some knuckle dragging ape who only goes to football because he is up for a 'ruck'. The guy asked the Argus not to print his picture because it would cost him work, so where is the fairness in splashing his face on the front page??

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Well all the while people are leaping to his defence and challenging my assertions, I'll defend my opinion.

By the end of about page 3 Im sure people are well aware of your opinion. Lets just hope your 14 year old never strays over the line of law and order:angel:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are a witty person, a real comic genius. I suppose people like you have always followed football it is just now the internet that has given your sad middle class views and snobbery an outlet.

I have been fortunate in that over 35 years following football I never seem to meet people like you at a match. You sound like a real bore.

Well if being a real bore is not looking for rucks and violent confrontations at a football match then yeah, guilty as charged squire. If you prefer the company of dickheads at a football match, then thats your lookout I suppose.

You ever spent 13 hours in a police cell?, I have, and you'd admit anything to get out as it’s worse than being in prison (Yes I have) and it has been said he hasn't committed one single offence prier to these allegations.

Till you're in the same situation as he was then I'd keep you gob shut Mr know it all Muppet.

So because I've never been locked up, I can't have an opinion on a serial thug who's just been banned for 5 years ? Right-o. Which particular fortune-cookie did your peculiar code of logic fall out of this week ?

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!

By the end of about page 3 Im sure people are well aware of your opinion. Lets just hope your 14 year old never strays over the line of law and order:angel:

Don't worry - even if he did I am sure his Father would come up with some comic GENIUS to make everything alright again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
well thats encouraging to read actually you have your opinion and you are more than entitled to it and the fact you have come to it in a rational way i respect.
there have been a lot of assumptions made because it is football related (not by you) so he must be some knuckle dragging ape who only goes to football because he is up for a 'ruck'. The guy asked the Argus not to print his picture because it would cost him work, so where is the fairness in splashing his face on the front page??

Unfortunately the courts have a right to make their decisions public in many cases. On one hand I think it is a bit unfair if it is going to cost him a livelyhood on the other I suppose participating in this sort of behaviour has far reaching implications, implications that he may not have realised at the time.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Just shows that 13 is an unlucky number I suppose.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Unfortunately the courts have a right to make their decisions public in many cases. On one hand I think it is a bit unfair if it is going to cost him a livelyhood on the other I suppose participating in this sort of behaviour has far reaching implications, implications that he may not have realised at the time.

true enough but the courts dont put your picture on the front of the local rag!!

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Are you suggesting that only criminals are qualified to sit in judgement of other criminals?

Not at all but no one knows the proper facts and shouldn't judge someone for not defending himself at a young age.

There could be so many reasons why he pleaded guilty, didn’t want to embarrass his family and friends etc but didn’t expect it too be front page news in the Argus.

We don’t know all the facts so should'nt judge him by what we hear.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't worry - even if he did I am sure his Father would come up with some comic GENIUS to make everything alright again.

Thought you'd gone.

Anyway, my 14 year old is far too interested in the football than to go looking around on a Saturday afternoon for someone to slap. Chip off the old block, y'see.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My understanding is that a paper can put your pic in the public domain as long as their is no court order to stop it. As I say, a lot of people don't consider the wider implications such as public embarrassment for them and their family.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
it has been said he hasn't committed one single offence prier to these allegations.

Neither had Harold Shipman or Ian Huntley, presumably they should be let off too then you liberal pansy.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is awful lot of complete crap on this thread.

5 years for violent conduct isn't long enough

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Thought you'd gone.

Anyway, my 14 year old is far too interested in the football than to go looking around on a Saturday afternoon for someone to slap. Chip off the old block, y'see.

That's the age we all get the buzz, you know, meet fellow youngsters and by the time we're 16 we've joined the firm without dad knowing.

You can’t dictate what he'll do in life, he'll do what he wants, his path is already set out and you can't do sod all about it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How things have changed since I lived in East Sussex-people there now seem to believe everything Sussex Police say.'Fitted up,don't know what that means Your Honour'!:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here