5 year ban for violent Seagulls supporter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
I have said all I want to say - not getting lurred into one of your petty cyber wars. You're boring.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
There are many degrees of behaviour between being a "goody 2 shoes" and landing yourself in court. I have always managed to tread the right side of the law, or at least clever enough not to be caught if I ever have strayed over the thin blue line :p

I have also always kept on the right side of court, so i'm with you on that one. But i don't judge people through the media, you have to meet them and have been in contact with etc etc. The media distorts everything (aka the truth).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you want to read The Argus and believe everything the press say then I feel very sorry for you. But that's up to you. However I don't feel it's fair to make judgements on people you've never met and say things such as - 'One less bell end following the Albion', 'People like him are an embarrassment to the club' and 'have seen a picture of him, and he looks like a trouble maker'. Who are you to make a judgement on someone without ever having come into contact with this person? If you feel you can believe the papers word for word and from what they write you can make an accurate and fair opinion on someone then please do so, you're obviously a very easily influenced and narrow minded person. If not then enough with the personal insults on Josh.

You are just repeating a truism that people should not trust everything they read, without substantiating how it applies in this case.

What part of the Argus' account in this instance do you disagree with?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have also always kept on the right side of court, so i'm with you on that one. But i don't judge people through the media, you have to meet them and have been in contact with etc etc. The media distorts everything (aka the truth).

Enough of the generalisations. Please be specific. How has the media distorted matters in this case?

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
whats the problem? because cocks like him, have tarred all footballers as thugs and troublemakers so that we cant go into a pub wearing "colours" at one level, at another gave the govenrnment an reason to introduce draconian powers which they use elsewhere.

You make a swipe at the Daily Mail readership in your signature. However it seems you are happy to swallow everything that instument of truth the Argus tells you!!!

Too many people here making personal comments about a young lad they do not know, because the Argus calls him a yob.

The snobbery is astounding also, football is tribal always has been always will and whilst it can go over the top sometimes, mostly it is young lads having a bit of a laugh with their mates.

When I was a youngster I loved footy, I loved drinking and I would not turn the other cheek in a argument, so it seemed obvious to put them all together. It was a bit of fun and whilst football has moved on lads are still the same as far as I can see.

A 5 years ban is OTT in my opinion

dolphin123

May 12, 2009
You make a swipe at the Daily Mail readership in your signature. However it seems you are happy to swallow everything that instument of truth the Argus tells you!!!

Too many people here making personal comments about a young lad they do not know, because the Argus calls him a yob.

The snobbery is astounding also, football is tribal always has been always will and whilst it can go over the top sometimes, mostly it is young lads having a bit of a laugh with their mates.

When I was a youngster I loved footy, I loved drinking and I would not turn the other cheek in a argument, so it seemed obvious to put them all together. It was a bit of fun and whilst football has moved on lads are still the same as far as I can see.

A 5 years ban is OTT in my opinion

:thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I didn't judge him, the magistrate or whoever dealt with the case did. I have never met any of the criminals I read about in the paper. I am not judging him on any personal attributes he may or may not have. He was put in front of a judge after being accused of 13 counts, he pleaded no contest and was banned for 5 years. What part is not to be trusted? I'm pretty sure a newspaper would be open to many law suits if they made something like that up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you want to read The Argus and believe everything the press say then I feel very sorry for you. But that's up to you. However I don't feel it's fair to make judgements on people you've never met and say things such as - 'One less bell end following the Albion', 'People like him are an embarrassment to the club' and 'have seen a picture of him, and he looks like a trouble maker'. Who are you to make a judgement on someone without ever having come into contact with this person? If you feel you can believe the papers word for word and from what they write you can make an accurate and fair opinion on someone then please do so, you're obviously a very easily influenced and narrow minded person. If not then enough with the personal insults on Josh.

So which part of that report is fabrication then ?
It all seems fairly specific. No made-up quotes of the "a close friend said..." No sensationalist speculation.

He's been to court.
He's been found guilty of 13 charges of violent behaviour
He's admitted to them
He's been banned from football grounds for 5 years

Thems the facts. I'd agree you can't always automatically swallow what newspapers print when it comes to supposed quotes and speculation. But what in that report is apparently false ? Looks like the bare facts of the case, from where I'm sitting.

Perhaps the Argus will do a feature on him later. "Josh - my story".

"Duurr....well I was at Leeds and that and dey were givvin it all 'come on then' so we're all 'yeah come ere and say that' and then the Old Bill turned up so I nutted this geezer cos he looked at me funny right and the rozzers all kick off wiv their truncheons but I ain't never hit no scarfer have I, so I kicked this kiddy on the floor but he wouldn't stay dahn would he so I goes 'jog on son' and he fuckin' legs it dunnee yeah it was propa nawtee but ee'd bled on me Stone Island hadn't he, fackin ad' it coming right....

....duurrrr"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I didn't judge him, the magistrate or whoever dealt with the case did. I have never met any of the criminals I read about in the paper. I am not judging him on any personal attributes he may or may not have. He was put in front of a judge after being accused of 13 counts, he pleaded no contest and was banned for 5 years. What part is not to be trusted? I'm pretty sure a newspaper would be open to many law suits if they made something like that up.

Oh Nibble, surely you realise. It's not what the Argus have said, it's what they didn't say. Nowhere in the article have they highlighted that he's a good lad really, who loves his mum, and helps old ladies across the road. Boys will be boys, and he's just having a bit of fun. He's just mis-understood, and needs a little bit of love.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
which part of the story are you disagreeing with exactly?

i didnt agree or disagree with any of it I was merely trying to point out the rather obvious hypocrisy that everyones point has been based on a story in the argus, who have written a lot of 'stories' in the past.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Nibble and Easy 10 ENOUGH!! Let it go - he's had enough. You are sounding like a pair of cyber bullies now I suggest Easy 10 go raise his child and Nibble go get a job

bluegull88

Nov 23, 2009
why don't the police do something a bit more productive and start banning the people at withdean that just sit moaning about the team and spend the rest of the time talking to their mates about chelsea, arsenal and co.
I for one would rather see the back of them even though that would probably mean losing about 50% of the crowd than 1 person who may go a little bit over the top now and then because he is passionate about his team.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i didnt agree or disagree with any of it I was merely trying to point out the rather obvious hypocrisy that everyones point has been based on a story in the argus, who have written a lot of 'stories' in the past.

I understand but in this case it is fairly black and white by the look of it. The Argus don't so much make up stories as use sensationalist language. It is up to each of us to read any news article with a filter on and try and get past any flowery language that each paper uses. I try to get to the bones of a story and the facts are well substantiated in this case.

My personal point of view, given the facts is that a young man has admitted to causing trouble in a place where other members of the public are likely to be affected and was given a punishment. I think it is afair judgement. I don't know the kid but I am glad he faced consequences for his actions, something that is all too rare these days.

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
Perhaps the Argus will do a feature on him later. "Josh - my story".

"Duurr....well I was at Leeds and that and dey were givvin it all 'come on then' so we're all 'yeah come ere and say that' and then the Old Bill turned up so I nutted this geezer cos he looked at me funny right and the rozzers all kick off wiv their truncheons but I ain't never hit no scarfer have I, so I kicked this kiddy on the floor but he wouldn't stay dahn would he so I goes 'jog on son' and he fuckin' legs it dunnee yeah it was propa nawtee but ee'd bled on me Stone Island hadn't he, fackin ad' it coming right....

....duurrrr"

You are a witty person, a real comic genius. I suppose people like you have always followed football it is just now the internet that has given your sad middle class views and snobbery an outlet.

I have been fortunate in that over 35 years following football I never seem to meet people like you at a match. You sound like a real bore.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
He's admitted to them

You ever spent 13 hours in a police cell?, I have, and you'd admit anything to get out as it’s worse than being in prison (Yes I have) and it has been said he hasn't committed one single offence prier to these allegations.

Till you're in the same situation as he was then I'd keep you gob shut Mr know it all Muppet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

excuse me? what have i said that isnt true? you have never been to a pub in colours and refused? you are unaware of the police powers? what part of the publicly available information am i "swallowing", that he hasnt had 13 cautions (info provided by a poster here) or that he was in court and was convicted? people are calling him a yob because a f***ing court has said so, not because the Argus is reporting it.

i swipe at the Daily Mail because i know that 99% of football fans arent up for any trouble and get pissed off that i get tarred along with that 1%. i too wouldnt back down, but to get in a situation 13 times (at least) thats warranted that and attracted the police to the situation means i'd have to be looking for trouble. thats the difference.

You ever spent 13 hours in a police cell?, I have, and you'd admit anything to get out as it’s worse than being in prison (Yes I have) and it has been said he hasn't committed one single offence prier to these allegations.

Till you're in the same situation as he was then I'd keep you gob shut Mr know it all Muppet.

except those 13 times he's been in custody before :rolleyes: i wish i had your extensive experience of prison. clearly for some a spell in a prision cell isnt enough, so it leads to this a banning order. i expect a custodial if he persists, well deserved it would be. thats how justice works: be naughty (many of us have), if you get caught learn your lesson or the punishments get harsher.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble and Easy 10 ENOUGH!! Let it go - he's had enough. You are sounding like a pair of cyber bullies now I suggest Easy 10 go raise his child and Nibble go get a job

I have a job ta, I just happen to not be at it at 8.45 pm.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I personally think he should be allowed to attend future Brighton matches.

He likes trouble so what?

It’s his culture and his like minded mates culture as well, he probably thinks and his so called mates as well that you shirt wearing singing ladies are idiots but keep their side of the culture to the lads section.

Never hear the Hooligans criticising you so called super fans. What’s the problem with someone who likes a few pre match pints and a punch up with like minded rival fans.

The police should be out catching real criminals.

That has got to be a wind up.

Just in case you are stupid enough to believe it, the problem is that I want to take my son and sometimes my 10 year old daughter to Albion matches and twats like this guy ruin it for them and for most of the normal members of society.

I want to go to an Albion match to (shock horror) watch football. If I wanted to watch a few dozen overweight badly dressed hooligans having a badly orchestrated fight there are I'm sure lots of other less expensive places I could go.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
why don't the police do something a bit more productive and start banning the people at withdean that just sit moaning about the team and spend the rest of the time talking to their mates about chelsea, arsenal and co.

Ooohh good question. I guessing that it's because "moaning" isn't against the law. I'm not sure of course, I'm just guessing like.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I for one would rather see the back of them even though that would probably mean losing about 50% of the crowd than 1 person who may go a little bit over the top now and then because he is passionate about his team.

You've conflated supporting a team with being a thug. They really are not the same things at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports