Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 year ban for violent Seagulls supporter

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Never knew venturing into someone else's life was really that intresting for you all - what sad sad lifes you must all lead.

Well, just by reading the news you are venturing into "other people's lives". It's how we inform ourselves of the day to day goings on in this mad, muddy spinning sphere we call Earth. A football ban seems a pretty appropriate topic for a football forum and is tenfold more relevant to Brighton & Hove Albion than half the stuff on here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy, contributing to violence could just mean 'swearing'.

If the charges and evidence were deemed unfair, then presumably he would have contested it.

Blimey, the authorities finally dish a decent penalty out to a persistant thug, and everyone goes all Citizen Smith, championing his cause and leaping to his defence, cos "the pigs are out to get us".

If me and my 14 year old don't have to put up with jumped-up, gobby, violent oiks like him when we go home or away (and lets not insult each others intelligence here, we've all seen them), then lets just file that under "nice one" and move on eh.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Football hooliganism is over. If it was say 1985 this lad would not even be on the police radar but if you insist on going to football these days on a regular basis and "getting involved" then it wont be long till you get a ban or worse. Silly boy should of had another hobby on a Saturday. Its hard enough having a drink with a group of mates before certain games without the police thinking you are all hooligans - so this kind of behaviour will just reinforce the steriotypical view some have of football fans

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
A football ban seems a pretty appropriate topic for a football forum and is tenfold more relevant to Brighton & Hove Albion than half the stuff on here.

And of course making wild accusations about people you don't know or have never come into contact with in your life seems relevant as well I guess..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I take it your a goody two shoes, lights out at 11 sort of chap. You've never stepped out of line then?

There are many degrees of behaviour between being a "goody 2 shoes" and landing yourself in court. I have always managed to tread the right side of the law, or at least clever enough not to be caught if I ever have strayed over the thin blue line :p

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And of course making wild accusations about people you don't know or have never come into contact with in your life seems relevant as well I guess..

I haven't made any accusations, The police did and he was asked to answer for those accusations.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

:lolol: Wild accusations? Are you for real?

People on here haven't just invented the charges, he was up in court and accepted the charges that were made against him.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
If the charges and evidence were deemed unfair, then presumably he would have contested it.

Blimey, the authorities finally dish a decent penalty out to a persistant thug, and everyone goes all Citizen Smith, championing his cause and leaping to his defence, cos "the pigs are out to get us".

If me and my 14 year old don't have to put up with jumped-up, gobby, violent oiks like him when we go home or away (and lets not insult each others intelligence here, we've all seen them), then lets just file that under "nice one" and move on eh.

He might not have contested it because he's got the mental age of a 5 year old and does whatever nice mr solicitor tells him to do. It's not all black and white my friend.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove

very good point, i also like the fact that everyones opinion thus far has been based on an article that appeared in the oracle of truth the argus, because they are always spot on with the facts especially when it comes to anything BHA

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
I personally think he should be allowed to attend future Brighton matches.

He likes trouble so what?

It’s his culture and his like minded mates culture as well, he probably thinks and his so called mates as well that you shirt wearing singing ladies are idiots but keep their side of the culture to the lads section.

Never hear the Hooligans criticising you so called super fans. What’s the problem with someone who likes a few pre match pints and a punch up with like minded rival fans.

The police should be out catching real criminals.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
very good point, i also like the fact that everyones opinion thus far has been based on an article that appeared in the oracle of truth the argus, because they are always spot on with the facts especially when it comes to anything BHA

which part of the story are you disagreeing with exactly?

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
If you want to read The Argus and believe everything the press say then I feel very sorry for you. But that's up to you. However I don't feel it's fair to make judgements on people you've never met and say things such as - 'One less bell end following the Albion', 'People like him are an embarrassment to the club' and 'have seen a picture of him, and he looks like a trouble maker'. Who are you to make a judgement on someone without ever having come into contact with this person? If you feel you can believe the papers word for word and from what they write you can make an accurate and fair opinion on someone then please do so, you're obviously a very easily influenced and narrow minded person. If not then enough with the personal insults on Josh.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What’s the problem with someone who likes a few pre match pints and a punch up with like minded rival fans.

whats the problem? because cocks like him, have tarred all footballers as thugs and troublemakers so that we cant go into a pub wearing "colours" at one level, at another gave the govenrnment an reason to introduce draconian powers which they use elsewhere.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you want to read The Argus and believe everything the press say then I feel very sorry for you. But that's up to you. However I don't feel it's fair to make judgements on people you've never met and say things such as - 'One less bell end following the Albion', 'People like him are an embarrassment to the club' and 'have seen a picture of him, and he looks like a trouble maker'. Who are you to make a judgement on someone without ever having come into contact with this person? If you feel you can believe the papers word for word and from what they write you can make an accurate and fair opinion on someone then please do so, you're obviously a very easily influenced and narrow minded person. If not then enough with the personal insults on Josh.

don't disagree with your stance on the personal insults but which part of the news article have they got wrong? Seriously, please tell us which part of the story you disagree with?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

So he's been banned for NO REASON?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here