Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 worst OPPOSITION playersof the Amex era...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1. Dan Harding (off at half-time in tears, after Buckley's utter humiliation of him)
2. David Gonzales (terrific Graeme Smith impression for Barnsley)
3. Mike Williamson (again Buckley the tormentor, as Newcastle embarrassed in the FA Cup)
4. David Santon (Same game as above. Unbelievably poor individual performance)
5. Atdhe Nuhiu (in the season opener last season. A wardrobe in a Wednesday kit)

Most of these were down to Buckley. Credit where it is due. Full back's greatest fear is sheer pace.

I don't blame Wiilliamson. Whilst the rest of the rubbish Newcastle teams were just watching he show, Williamson on two occasions made tremendous strides to try and rectify the situation and just got unlucky. Williamson is quite quick. He nearly kept up with Buckley from left back to right wing. Williamson got in the correct position to stop Orlandi as well.

Even an inept Buckley who touched the ball five times in 30 minutes for Leeds still managed to get both Bong and Bruno booked.

Both Santons's (Newcastle and Arsenal) were left on their own to deal with Buckley but the disparity in pace was just too much.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has to be that spoilt brat left back who refused to put in any effort for his team Wolves the season when they were relegated. Absolute disgrace!

Wasn't that Stephen Ward? :lolol:

What about the midfielder Jamie O'Hara who got booed by the Wolves fans every time he touched the ball, and I seem to recall gave them the finger?

TBH that whole team were utter turd. They had lost the fans and any sort of team spirit and were completely there for the taking. Not only was O'Hara awful, the entire team were. O'Hara, Ward and Karl Henry (awful footballer, totally stealing a living) were the three they blamed. O'Hara stood out as the worst that afternoon though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasn't that Stephen Ward? :lolol:

TBH that whole team were utter turd. They had lost the fans and any sort of team spirit and were completely there for the taking. Not only was O'Hara awful, the entire team were. O'Hara, Ward and Karl Henry (awful footballer, totally stealing a living) were the three they blamed. O'Hara stood out as the worst that afternoon though.

They went over to the away end at the finish. One of them threw his shirt into the crowd and they threw it straight back!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
didn't think much of the Birmingham full back who was supposed to be dealing with March unless March is indeed absolute world class.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
didn't think much of the Birmingham full back who was supposed to be dealing with March unless March is indeed absolute world class.
Grounds, who was very, very poor.

And somehow managed to make the Championship team of the week a few games later [emoji38]ol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lloyd Doyley for Watford - he barely looked like a non-league chancer, let alone a guy who had played Premier League football and been in the top two tiers for a good 10 years. Ridiculous performance and he looked absolutely useless.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lloyd Doyley for Watford - he barely looked like a non-league chancer, let alone a guy who had played Premier League football and been in the top two tiers for a good 10 years. Ridiculous performance and he looked absolutely useless.

Who calls a kid 'Lloyd Doyley'?

Dear oh dear.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Most of these were down to Buckley. Credit where it is due. Full back's greatest fear is sheer pace.

I don't blame Wiilliamson. Whilst the rest of the rubbish Newcastle teams were just watching he show, Williamson on two occasions made tremendous strides to try and rectify the situation and just got unlucky. Williamson is quite quick. He nearly kept up with Buckley from left back to right wing. Williamson got in the correct position to stop Orlandi as well.

Even an inept Buckley who touched the ball five times in 30 minutes for Leeds still managed to get both Bong and Bruno booked.

Both Santons's (Newcastle and Arsenal) were left on their own to deal with Buckley but the disparity in pace was just too much.

Ladies and gentlemen, the one man Will Buckley fan club with the daily post devoted to his god :bowdown:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1. Andre Santos
2. Andre Santos
3. Andre Santos
4. Dan Harding
5. Andre Santos

FUNNIEST "performance" ever at The Amex. He literally looked like he'd been teleported from 40,000 years ago and 7 galaxies away, and had no idea where he was or what he was doing. Even funnier than Dan Harding coming off after 35 minutes in tears.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Watford? A young lad called Murray for them hit a (powerful) free kick straight at him and he let it sail through his hands.

Not quite. It looked that way from WSU, but when you watch the behind the goal replay on Seagulls player, the ball takes a pretty mad swerve/dip mid air. Still poor keeping, but nothing like as much of a howler as it looked at first.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not quite. It looked that way from WSU, but when you watch the behind the goal replay on Seagulls player, the ball takes a pretty mad swerve/dip mid air. Still poor keeping, but nothing like as much of a howler as it looked at first.

Agree actually - and I was strong in supporting him on here because of it. It was still rubbish though - not that it deserved the appalling reaction he got from the North Stand.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What about the midfielder Jamie O'Hara who got booed by the Wolves fans every time he touched the ball, and I seem to recall gave them the finger?

and then threw his shirt into the crowd after the match and they threw it back!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agree actually - and I was strong in supporting him on here because of it. It was still rubbish though - not that it deserved the appalling reaction he got from the North Stand.

Agreed on all there, regardless of how bad the howler was, to then get that kind of "support" from your home fans on your debut - as a goalie as well which is a pretty isolated position - was really poor from our fans.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Harding getting subbed at half time was glorious karma.

Santos was utter dross.

The clown for Sheffield Wednesday with the scrumcap, Llera, is truly woeful.

But Carruthers this year was one of the worst professional footballers I think I've ever seen. Spent 70 minutes miscontrolling it, tripping himself over and kicking it out of play, then nearly scored and should have won that stonewall penalty. Which made it even funnier.

Who was the Pompey defender that Vicente turned inside out for the best part of an hour? Was it Ben-Haim? He looked like he had his boots on backwards.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just remembered:

Leon Best in the first Newcastle match was appalling

as was Wickham of Sunderland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here