Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 minutes from the FA cup Final

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
185 minutes, I thought

Is maths not a strong point?

Maths, no. However, hope springs eternal, and a lot of other Albion fans would feel we would have beaten Sunderland, and that would have left Sheff U, and then, Arsenal who have never beaten us at Wembley.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maths, no. However, hope springs eternal, and a lot of other Albion fans would feel we would have beaten Sunderland, and that would have left Sheff U, and then, Arsenal who have never beaten us at Wembley.

You are either a very positive person or a dreamer, it would have been nice.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So this stupid theory, 5
Minutes away yet had another two games to play so really 185 mins.

We were 90 mins from the prem. reverse our 1-0 defeat at hull for a 1-0 win and we would have finished second.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
So this stupid theory, 5
Minutes away yet had another two games to play so really 185 mins.

We were 90 mins from the prem. reverse our 1-0 defeat at hull for a 1-0 win and we would have finished second.

Now you're on song !

D'you think we'll beat Man City at the Amex next week ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Too many 'if's' for me - sure, Hull at home was winnable, but we didn't quite make it. So would Sunderland at home - but so what? Didn't happen. If only don't count.

If only the directors had let Billy Lane sign Denis Law for £500...........................................

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Too many 'if's' for me - sure, Hull at home was winnable, but we didn't quite make it. So would Sunderland at home - but so what? Didn't happen. If only don't count.

If only the directors had let Billy Lane sign Denis Law for £500...........................................

It was £650. His namesake turned into a decent player, though, didn't he ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm with the opening poster. If we had played our best side against hull and lost I wouldn't be saying it. But we didn't. Stupid.

But I'm trying to forget it about.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Im gutted. Maybe years before we have another chance like we had.We may not have beaten Hull if we have gone for it.But the way we approached that away game was just typical of the mentality of our gameplan atm.As for not playing your number 1, well I think thats been done to death already.

Have to say I agree with you.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

:lol:
You are eternally hopeful! Good job it wouldn't have been Notts County!

shangambling1

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton
It's hilarious how defensive people get over opinions, on this one I agree with you mate, lot's of ifs and buts, if we would of held out v Hull. Upset Sunderland and beaten Sheff Utd. It could of been Arsenal Brighton in the final? and IF Arsenal went on to get top 4, we may well of got Europe for being runners up? Now that would of been something? BUT we didn't and that's that! Looking at how well Wigan, Hull and Sheffield Utd have done in this competition there is a good chance of going on a better run next year!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here