Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 Mins injury time

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Didn’t even give the full 5 minutes

He probably thought there’s not much point they’re f***ing about with it on the half way line, no bother
Thought the same, we could have had another 30 & still wouldn't have scored.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I loathe to condemn a poor refereeing performance, but I’ll make an exception for Darren f***ing England. What a complete cock, let Forest get away with all manner of time wasting and clearly didn’t have working timepiece. Stopping our attack for a non head related injury was a truly woeful piece of officiating.
It was a great opportunity too. Not saying we would have scored from it (of course, ha), but we had players over and they were on the ropes at that stage. What the hell was he thinking?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm glad there's a thread on this. Having seen what they were getting up to in the first half, I actually timed all the stoppages in that second half. The combination of their players going down every few minutes, trainers coming on, the substitutions taking an eternity, etc. By the end of the game, Forest had burned just shy of EIGHT MINUTES - in fact probably slightly more than that, as I didn't always get to my watch immediately as I stood up to berate their latest batch of shithousery to run the clock down.

Its scandalous how the officials allow such gamesmanship. Brentford were piss-arsing around doing it the other night, but Forest took it on to the next level. And the galling thing is that breaking up the game like this f***ing works like a charm.
I mentally counted down the seconds every time they ‘won’ all those soft free kicks in the second half. Henderson took 30 seconds a pop.

Refs often seem autonotoms with little passion for the spirit of football. Loving the whistling bit and proudly shutting out an irate home crowd. With not a jot of interest in speeding the spectacle up, rewarding the team trying to play. The same goes to the fourth official. In tandem, incompetents unable to time manage.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm glad there's a thread on this. Having seen what they were getting up to in the first half, I actually timed all the stoppages in that second half. The combination of their players going down every few minutes, trainers coming on, the substitutions taking an eternity, etc. By the end of the game, Forest had burned just shy of EIGHT MINUTES - in fact probably slightly more than that, as I didn't always get to my watch immediately as I stood up to berate their latest batch of shithousery to run the clock down.

Its scandalous how the officials allow such gamesmanship. Brentford were piss-arsing around doing it the other night, but Forest took it on to the next level. And the galling thing is that breaking up the game like this f***ing works like a charm.
So they are the official timekeepers but can't keep time? It's ridiculous all the stuff about VAR and how every decision now has to be techically correct, yet they can't even time a game accurately.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To cap off an absolutely shockingly inept performance can anyone explain why the ref only added 5 mins injury time? To me it's an absolute scandal, we are deprived so much football by these morons who can't seem to work out how to stop their watch - the easiest part of their job. Utterly useless.
(Suffice to say we wouldn't have scored in another 60 mins but that's not the point).
Even more annoying as he made such a big show to our players of how he’d be adding the time on, rather than insisting Forest get a move on. Then added next to nothing. One of the worst refereeing performances for a long time. He allowed them to kill any chance of us gaining momentum from about the hour mark onwards.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To cap off an absolutely shockingly inept performance can anyone explain why the ref only added 5 mins injury time? To me it's an absolute scandal, we are deprived so much football by these morons who can't seem to work out how to stop their watch - the easiest part of their job. Utterly useless.
(Suffice to say we wouldn't have scored in another 60 mins but that's not the point).
I'm not sure it's the easiest part of their job in the context of everything else going on in a Premier League game, but I certainly think it's the bit of the job there's least requirement for them to do.

David Dein was on a recent Football Ramble special and he said that all referees he has spoken to essentially say they guess at how much time to add.

I'd certainly be in favour of games going 30 minutes each way with a stop/start clock independently controlled. It would instantly ruin all time wasting efforts.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I’d noticed not all of the allotted injury time being played in other recent games, so as a test as soon as we hit 90 minutes I started a timer on my phone… the ref played 4 minutes 40 seconds of the signalled 5 minutes injury time. & at least 2 minutes of that was Forest players taking an age over free kicks or goal kicks or rolling around on the floor. Seems a strange trend at the moment.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not sure it's the easiest part of their job in the context of everything else going on in a Premier League game, but I certainly think it's the bit of the job there's least requirement for them to do.

David Dein was on a recent Football Ramble special and he said that all referees he has spoken to essentially say they guess at how much time to add.

I'd certainly be in favour of games going 30 minutes each way with a stop/start clock independently controlled. It would instantly ruin all time wasting efforts.
It must be tough to keep an accurate account of every second that needs adding on, so I can totally appreciate that it becomes a bit of a guess. But if they decide on 5 minutes, and within that 5 minutes they witness more time wasting then it’s not difficult to think well maybe we should actually play 6 or 7.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It must be tough to keep an accurate account of every second that needs adding on, so I can totally appreciate that it becomes a bit of a guess. But if they decide on 5 minutes, and within that 5 minutes they witness more time wasting then it’s not difficult to think well maybe we should actually play 6 or 7.
Indeed - it's always said "A minimum of .... minutes" and a few games I've seen recently went well beyond the stated number for the reason you state. I think the Liverpool v Man City game went a few minutes beyond what had been said.

if the ref played under five - no idea, I was at the game - then that is clearly wrong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Also, has the rule changed that when a physio comes on to tend to a player that player no longer needs to leave the pitch? (This happened in the first half.)
That was one of the lengthy stoppages in the first half that led that ref to add ONE extra minute.
Yes a while ago. If the player committing the foul is cautioned of sent off

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
I was more surprised at how only one minute was added on in the first half, when there'd been two stoppages for injuries!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
1 minute in the first half was extraordinary as well, they had three "injuries" which were at least 1 minute each
Absolutely. The keeper must have been down for at least 90 seconds. Then 20 went down, rolled about a bit for I would guess around a minute. Then two minutes later just decided to sit down the middle of the park and the ref stopped the game.

I didn't retire for my half time pint until the clock ticked over to 45 as I was expecting at least 3 or 4 minutes.

Second half was equally as bad as he didn't seem to give two hoots about their constant time wasting.

That said we could still be playing now we wouldn't have scored!

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Even more annoying as he made such a big show to our players of how he’d be adding the time on, rather than insisting Forest get a move on. Then added next to nothing. One of the worst refereeing performances for a long time. He allowed them to kill any chance of us gaining momentum from about the hour mark onwards.
Absolutely this! What a f***ing tool

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Also, has the rule changed that when a physio comes on to tend to a player that player no longer needs to leave the pitch? (This happened in the first half.)
That was one of the lengthy stoppages in the first half that led that ref to add ONE extra minute.
I was confused by this as well but looking on Google it appears the "law" has changed and if treatment on the field is necessary, and the opposition player causing the injury receives either a yellow or red card, then the injured player can remain on the field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here