Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 goals conceded in 8 games.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We've cut out a lot of unforced errors, or getting caught out of position. There is a toughness back there at the moment, a proper solid mentality. [MENTION=42429]Nobby Cybergoat[/MENTION] mentions the Burn tackle above, but I also noted the huge thanks he got from the rest of the defence - they are a super tight unit that you can just tell they love defending - when you have that, there is very little blame, and when there is little blame between you, you can play without fear. I think that is where Duffy has leaped back into form, there is no blame game, no individual mistakes, only collective ones. He's thriving because it's a great environment to be a defender in.

I saw a chart in one of the papers showing that we are bottom of the table for "Errors leading to a shot on goal" with just 1 this season. Incredible really.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I saw a chart in one of the papers showing that we are bottom of the table for "Errors leading to a shot on goal" with just 1 this season. Incredible really.

That could have been Dunky, whacking straight at Moder at the weekend?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Oh and please god this isn't an invite to slay off Ryan - give that a rest.

There is no need to criticise Maty Ryan who proved to be a very solid Premier League keeper for us.
However, in my opinion the single biggest factor in our defence's improvement is the selection of Sanchez in goal.

Our BFS instills a confidence in the other ten players which is far higher than Ryan ever managed.
This is the single most important factor in our defensive improvement.

So, no criticism of Maty, just full blown praise for Ben Roberts and Graham Potter for being brave enough to make the call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here