Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 favourite Worthing pubs?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
BensGrandad said:
I was in one in there during the 60s when a 'lady ' I was seeing started going out with one of the Does and they got the hump about me.

Now water under the bridge but brings back memories.

Benny Doe ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Silly question, has slappers...sorry flappers, ceased to exist or Area 51 or whatever it ended up being called.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I heard that there was a plan to re-develop Teville Gate, and not before time, guess that might have been part of the plan.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't think it was BG, the rumour I heard was that they were going to build a large glass tower with a mixture of flats and offices and maybe a cinema (at long last), looking a bit like that gherkin thing in London.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BensGrandad said:
Build a block of flats to house Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants next year.

Sorry I was being facetious.

Why build a cinema? During my life time they have closed all four that were there and rebuilt on the sites, Plaza, Odeon. Rivoli and The Dome and they now have The Connaught show films.

Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
BensGrandad said:
I was in one in there during the 60s when a 'lady ' I was seeing started going out with one of the Does and they got the hump about me.

Now water under the bridge but brings back memories.

My dad used to drink in there and the Vic.

Actually my dad used to drink everywhere................... and I wondered where I got it from.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Re: Re: Re: 5 favourite Worthing pubs?

Yoda said:
When are you there next? May pop along.

Just got another booking there (Warwick).

Friday week (the 27th).

Be good to see some Nothstandchatter's there. (and no, unfortunately I'm not on commision!)

Fork ME

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
gollum said:
i think iktsa been knockrd down...

It Has:nono:

Went back to visit a while back nearly cried when i saw it was gone..... Night out there will never be the same again...:down:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i think worthing is really good atm for pubs, hate Eden though and wish they would refurb the Assembly [bloody chains]

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Springal said:
i think worthing is really good atm for pubs, hate Eden though and wish they would refurb the Assembly [bloody chains]

I remember the good old days of the Fountain, once back at 6th form we had our Xmas bash in there unofficial of course and it spilled over into chapel road and the police had to called they had to shut the pub down for a few hours whilst we were dispersed - ended up in Cloisters - Made the front page of the Herald - happy days.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
the thieves was the best pub ever in worthing!
tirolla was good to pick up jail bait! the central was a dive.
inn on the prom had some good live acts but you had to wear wellies in the bogs!
the fact now is worthing is full of chavs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here