5 favourite Worthing pubs?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
cannedheat said:
I am living in Worthing at the moment seems ok to me, as regards it being a shithole you have not had the pleasure of some of the places I have resided in over the years.

I thgought Worthing was agreat place to grow up and i was always on the town from 94/95 onwards up until about 4/5 years ago when i moved over to Lewes then up North.

As for more lowlifes and Chavs i think a - its the same for anywhere and B- you notice it more as you get older.

Yoda

English & European
Lethargic said:
It frightens me that I my younger days I happily drank in some of the pubs other have bad memories about namely - Downview, Clifton and the Ham.

The Ham's still a shit hole and as ruff as f*** even though it went through an image change to the Smugglers Return. :nono:

Yoda said:
The Ham's still a shit hole and as ruff as f*** even though it went through an image change to the Smugglers Return. :nono:
Someone told me it is much better in there now it has had a makeover, I was going to pay it a visit before I ride off into the sunset again, give it a miss I think.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Goring Gull said:
Didn't the Bristol and West building society on Chapel Road used to be a pub... The ship or something, before my time but i remeber my Dad saying something about it.

Yes,yes it did.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
wigman said:
does anyone remember the inn on the prom

Yeah - used to be owned by two young blokes and had a lot of good bands on in the early nineties. See previous posts - someone mentioning about the loos and nearly falling down them. I'd forgotten about that!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
not to someone from Lancing - they tend to have a habit of calling it East Worthing, so I reckons I gets away with it.

You know - in the same way that Durrington is now Lower Salvington! Apparently that's what people tell my taxi driver brother where to go!

Yoda

English & European
Buzzer said:
not to someone from Lancing - they tend to have a habit of calling it East Worthing, so I reckons I gets away with it.

Not me. Lived in Lancing all my life.

(Can't wait to get out of it mind. :lolol: )

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
In the early 1980s I used to drink in Worthing quite a bit at a pub almost directly opposite the main station. A bit rough but a good laugh. I remember it had a pinball table in the Public bar.

I've been racking my brains to try and remember what its called. Can anyone help me?

Also, can anyone remember a REALLY dodgy dive called the Horn of Plenty?

mansfieldwhippy

Dec 18, 2004
mansfield
when i lived in worthing i usedto enjoy going to broadwater and going on a mini pub crawl, cricketeers, broadwater, old house then the elms and then a taxi to flappers(R.I.P) they were the good old days

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
BensGrandad said:
You missed out The Kings Arms which was always good for a scrap in the 60s.

IT never re-opened after that monumental punch up in the sixties did it ?

Not that I remember . far to young

Screaming J said:
In the early 1980s I used to drink in Worthing quite a bit at a pub almost directly opposite the main station. A bit rough but a good laugh. I remember it had a pinball table in the Public bar.

I've been racking my brains to try and remember what its called. Can anyone help me?

Also, can anyone remember a REALLY dodgy dive called the Horn of Plenty?
Chapmans, but what it was called before that I know not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
H block said:
IT never re-opened after that monumental punch up in the sixties did it ?

Not that I remember . far to young

I was in one in there during the 60s when a 'lady ' I was seeing started going out with one of the Does and they got the hump about me.

Now water under the bridge but brings back memories.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Titanic said:
the Tiroler Bar ??

f*** me! the Tiroler, that brings back memories!

my stepmum used to work in there, really wacky place, had some plats on the wall that were cut off by Kurt Douglas when he threw an axe at some Helga is "The Vikings"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports