5 a side footballer(s) required for tonight!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If you can stand up and/or run about a bit, you are required. I think we're looking for two players at the moment, if anyone would be interested please PM me. We kick off at 6pm, up at Waterhall and we wear red and black so the Albion away shirt of a couple of years ago would be preferred.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
we ave a six a side team in worthing, we play in pink :D

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Be brave, NSC. I'm sure there is SOMEONE who would be keen? We're a reasonable bunch, and you get the chance to meet ME! :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

What division are you in? I play up there too; this is our last season, though. It's a terrible day for 5-a-side I think.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i'm afraid we kick off at 6.30 and i am yet to master instantaeous teleportatation :(

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What division are you in? I play up there too; this is our last season, though. It's a terrible day for 5-a-side I think.

We're in the Championship. We've had a shocker this season, we're the Army Antz (I played no part in naming the team). All the better teams have moved to the monday league now, or the tuesday. Which makes the fact that my team are going backwards rather than forwards very disappointing. Too much squad rotation!

Jimmy Grimble

We're in the Championship. We've had a shocker this season, we're the Army Antz (I played no part in naming the team). All the better teams have moved to the monday league now, or the tuesday. Which makes the fact that my team are going backwards rather than forwards very disappointing. Too much squad rotation!

Must have played you at some point last season then! Well, the team I play for must have ('Seagulls' - I wasn't behind the inspiration for that name either :lolol:). I've played in the Prem on Mondays, Tuesdays and Sundays up at Waterhall, and the Sunday League is by far and a way the worst standard. We've started a team on Tuesdays again, played our first game last week and its so noticeable how much better the players are. There's a much better vibe on Tuesday's too, and 6-a-side is far superior to 5-a-side on those pitches.

Sunday's a bummer of a day because people always tend to have some sort of social event going on and/or turn up hungover! We've barely had the same bunch of us turn up in consecutive weeks - a few times we even played with just four players!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, we had some good matches with the Seagulls actually, I managed to score twice against them and hit the post before they beat us 4-2. The standard is deffinitely better on the monday and tuesday, on a sunday most teams have one outstanding player and the others tend to be average at best. My team have dispensed with the "one outstanding player" logic this season, not gone well.

Thanks for the offer Neil, ironically 3 of our 5 are goalkeepers by preference! Going to be a bit of a classic for us tonight I think.

Jimmy Grimble

What do you make of it being 5-a-side on Sundays? I cannot fathom why they won't change it to 6 like the other leagues. 6-a-side is much more conducive to passing and patient build-up on those pitches, whereas 5-a-side results in a lot of lump it and chase it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We've been in the league for 3 years now and there's always been talk of making it 6 a side. The teams were asked our opinions, everyone we spoke to was in favour of 6 a side but not happened. Added a new league for this season, maybe they think the demand is there for 5 a side. A lot of teams have left for monday and tuesday leagues, but all the time there's a waiting list it won't be changed.

The kick and rush is what is causing our poor season so far as I am concerned. Struggling to get our players being patient and working it forward. The concept of controlling the game through posession is beyond us at the moment. Einstein said that the deffinition of madness is doing the same thing constantly and expecting a different outcome, difficult to argue that we haven't been guilty of that.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'm potentially looking for a Sunday League team for proper 11 aside...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm potentially looking for a Sunday League team for proper 11 aside...

Fancy honing your skills in a smaller sided game before being picked up by an 11 a side team? Some of the gents on my team play 11 a side for a team in Portslade, I'm sure they could give you details...

We have 5, but if anyone else fancies it, having a rolling sub would be prefferable.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Message sent :thumbsup: I wonder if that's genuinely son of Rev, rather than mr Rev himself?! Time will tell, either way, thanks for getting involved.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Footy players required

If you can stand up and/or run about a bit, you are required. I think we're looking for two players at the moment, if anyone would be interested please PM me. We kick off at 6pm, up at Waterhall and we wear red and black so the Albion away shirt of a couple of years ago would be preferred.

Sorry I got this a bit late for tonight but if you want help in the future I can play outfield or in goal. I am very old and slow but still not a bad keeper and can play reasonably in defence. My availability is sporadic as I work abroad a lot.

Cheers

Terry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports