Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5-0 and so ****ing DULL !!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Because it's an athletics stadium masquerading as a football ground.
Exactly this. The Ethihad is fine with 45-47,000 in it, but when the gate is markedly down on that, the atmosphere is going to suffer.

Of course to suggest the City team aren't flair is pure nonsense. Yesterday is case in point. Negredo is hauled off having scored twice, and replaced by Sergio Aguero returning from long term injury. Who promptly scores 15 seconds later.

FLAIR.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I quite enjoyed watching them last night, in the second half at least. The first half wasn't great I accept, but Blackburn had ten men behind the ball & were just trying to cling on.

I didn't think the second half was dull at all, City pinged it round & scored four more goals. What's dull about that?

Agree the atmosphere wasn't all that but they were playing Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup, a team from a league lower than them in a competition that's probably quite low on their list of priorities. What did anybody expect? El Classico?

PS I'd love to see this "Potsdam" celebration the O/P is on about. Sounds fascinating.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
5-0 to Citee and they are so cold,passionless and dreary that they are virtually unwatchable,they beat teams with ease and cold precision.No wonder their crowd have given up the potsdam celebration,opening a pack of Cinnamon pringles is tribute enough.

Come on!!! They have scored something like 99 goals so far this season, Beating Blackburn may have been a bit dull but in my opinion they are amazing to watch

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Er, yes.

I'd hate my team to be this dull. I mean, only 99 goals ALL season. So far.

Boring.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Watching Man City at home this season is like watching a serial killer dissecting his prey. Cold, calculating and with surgeon-like precision... damn impressive to watch

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've seen a fair few Citeh games on Sky/BT Sport this season and I think every one of them has been entertaining, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, even Palace.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
City v Palace was far from boring as well. Ridiculous thread.

Man City 2 - 1 Liverpool . Brilliant game. Liverpool should have won.
Man City 6 - 0 Spurs. Hilarious.
Man City 1 - 3 Bayern. A lesson in football.
Man City 4 - 1 Man Utd. Bosh.

And then you get all the 5's 6's and 7's where the football on show is majestic.

Yeah. Boring.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I wish the Albion were as clinical as city were last night

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Watching Man City at home this season is like watching a serial killer dissecting his prey. Cold, calculating and with surgeon-like precision... damn impressive to watch

The equivalent for the last 15 years has been Man Utd at Old Trafford. 2-0. 2-0. 2-0. 2-0.

There will always been a team who dominate at home. I would much rather it be a team like City then United (as a neutral)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I literally fall asleep every time Aguero is on the ball. He's just so DULL.

You LITERALLY fall asleep, you mean your body actually sends you to sleep when he touches the ball? Do you suffer from a weird form of narcolepsy then?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You LITERALLY fall asleep, you mean your body actually sends you to sleep when he touches the ball? Do you suffer from a weird form of narcolepsy then?

LITERALLY. Also every time I even think about the interplay between David Silva & Jesus Navas I literally fall into a COMA - that is how soporific Man City are.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I kind of see the point the OP is making. City are making it look so easy that when I saw the score my reaction wasn't "City beat Blackburn FIVE NIL?!" it was "Oh, only five? They put seven past Norwich."

I can't imagine us being that dominant over an extended period of time, it's so detached from what I can relate to with Brighton.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I kind of see the point the OP is making. City are making it look so easy that when I saw the score my reaction wasn't "City beat Blackburn FIVE NIL?!" it was "Oh, only five? They put seven past Norwich."

I know what you mean SS but it's not like City have won everything. It's not a Celtic type situation. The Premier League is way more interesting (to me) this season with a resurgent Arsenal and Liverpool, Jose back at Chelsea, City scoring gazillions and United off the pace. Plus it's any 3 from 9 or so at the bottom. Also, I doubt anyone will want to miss City v Barca.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I can't imagine us being that dominant over an extended period of time, it's so detached from what I can relate to with Brighton.

That ISN'T the point he's making though. He's not saying that 'its boring because they always win', he's saying that the football they play is boring. He's clearly a bit wrong in the head.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
That ISN'T the point he's making though. He's not saying that 'its boring because they always win', he's saying that the football they play is boring. He's clearly a bit wrong in the head.

Spot on.... Everytime I start to watch a city game, I end up seeing it through, so much going on, such skill and loads of goals :) How can you not be impressed when Agüero comes back and scores after less than a minute on the pitch, it's amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here