Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Test build up, KP being magnanimous

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Against my instinct I'm going to give this a go for an hour....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
could be a good night.. first ball slashed for 4 past Point..... Geoffrey say's " he's just like me, he likes to play himself in " :clap2:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fudge, Bresnan gone first ball of Johnsons over.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What have they done to Mitchell Johnson? The guy is like a different bowler to what he was a few years back, amazing what confidence can do for a bowler.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
TMS is the place to be, bugger. thats that then.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
England grafted but the Australian's continued to bowl brilliantly, Johnson't got the headlines but Harris, Siddle, Watson & Lyon have been absolutely outstanding in sticking to their plans. The England batsmen don't know what to do, if they wait for the bad ball, the scoring rate is too slow and when they try and push on they get themselves out. Pietersen is extremely fortunate to still be there after that awful drop by Couter-Nile on 7. However, he grafted away for the rest of the day and if he can pick up some support from Bresnan or Broad, we could get close to 350. Personally I'm with Vegster, Australia have won all the big moments in this series and I have no reason to think tomorrow will be any different.

I thought that Lyon had a bit of an off day yesterday, there was turn from his first spell 45 minutes into the first session. Perhaps Monty might be able to make use out of it? That's my straw and I'm choosing to clutch at it....

that's a mighty short straw you got there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As soon as Bresnan got out Pietersen was soon going to get out too. He really didn't need to play that shot. Brainless.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Geoffrey is on fire tonight, referencing Jessie J now as well.. Agnew.. " you exist in a strange world these days Geoffrey, International cricket and contemporary pop music ? "

Aug 23, 2011
And has over 200 test wickets to his name. He just hadn't performed against England before.

He's less erratic than he has been and I think he has been helped by the bowling unit with him bowling very accurately meaning he has less pressure to bowl tight and just bowl as fast and as hostile as he can. On a different note, is Johnson wearing some kind of sports bra?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Monty's in. Anyone who hates the sight of splintering wood look away now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fear my 271 for England was wildly optimistic unless the Monty/Anderson partnership can bat heroically.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As comical as it is seeing Mitchell Johnson trying to knock Panesars bearded face off, you can't help thinking how pointless this is.. If they bat for an hour they will score practically nothing, pointless really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here